Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Great job @PamPurrs . The bass sounds really good and your little additions certainly fitted right in. The biggest thing to me was you really looked like you enjoyed it as you always do which I reckon should be the whole reason why we play :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Thanks @Mac yes, I really enjoyed playing this. It’s a song I’ve loved for a very long time and have been wanting to learn.

5 Likes

Awesome Pam.
I left a comment on your website.
Tone, effects and volume were all PERFECT, and your additions (although I am not super familiar with this song), must be perfect, because there was no place in the song where the bass line didn’t fit perfectly.

6 Likes

Not exactly a cover so I’m not sure if this is the right place to post this. I plan on doing the 25 Groove challenge, so if it’s not let me know and I’ll start another thread.

I’m giving the video recording thing a try. I also tried something different today. Used the XLR line out on my amp direct to the Forcusrite Scarlett Solo. No Reaper VST plugins, just the bass and amp. Let me know how it sounds.

Video moved: Groove #1

3 Likes

there is a “Post your practice fragments” thread, and a “post your original compositions” thread also
However,
I think this one could use its own thread, as others probably want to do the Talkingbass challenge as well, and people could post their challenges in that thread, if you create it. :wink:

3 Likes

Ok as long as it’s legal. lol
Thread created.

3 Likes

I had to try 3 different browsers to get it to play, but I got it. I left a comment on the website.
Great job!

6 Likes

Thanks Toby @T_dub

4 Likes

Thank you for the comments @JerryP

What was going on with the browsers? Is this something on my end?

5 Likes

Nice playing and great production as always, Pam @PamPurrs . . . :slight_smile:

Cheers
Joe

6 Likes

Very nice, the tone on that ESP is good. Nice tube tone from the VT Bass DI you have going there, works well with the ESP.

6 Likes

Thanks @howard I really love my VTBass DI

7 Likes

Yeah it’s definitely a keeper. One of my favorites.

5 Likes

Awesome @PamPurrs. You continue to inspire us! I left a comment on your page too.

6 Likes

Thank you @JDDaniel :smiley_cat:

5 Likes

Great job @JerryP, @John_E, @PamPurrs, and @Gabriel1!

8 Likes

No, not on your end. I think the hotel is still having internet problems.

6 Likes

Hi Pam, @PamPurrs ,
I left comments on your website,
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

It’s time to get FUNKY!
Adding the gold touches to this bass just screamed funky to me, so here we go…
It is also time for Fun With Pedals!

This song is very interesting.
The bass line is only 2 bars long, and carries this song for an amazing 5:39, with only an 8-bar bridge/break. Simple but very effective. Name another tune that can do this with such memroable results!
On top of that, no basses were used on the original track, a synth was used instead, so…

I used my Source Audio C4 Synth pedal, downloaded a funky '80s synth patch, tweaked it a bit, added a little MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe and some EQ from the Darkglass B7K (bass boost, high-mids & trebble cut). I think I got pretty close to the original synth bass. (It’s almost like I actually know what I am doing…trust me I don’t).

This one was quite a workout, but a lot of fun to play!
Hope you like it!

Oh yeah, turn up the volume and stand up and boogie (roller skates optional).

https://youtu.be/ndddrvdZ3go

16 Likes

It is and I did. Very well done, as per usual :+1:

5 Likes