Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Nice job @Ed ,
Great fingering work on both hands and getting around the fretboard, dont know the piece at all but you did a cool job,
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Woah, really great playing :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Very nice @Ed ! Keep it up.

7 Likes

Good job @Ed !

5 Likes

Nice job @Vegaswizzle !

5 Likes

A bass cover of Billie Jean.
(Sorry, not sorry. Somebody has to like this song, and I’m one of the somebodies :stuck_out_tongue:)

https://youtu.be/GsI-9lXvM00

• Serek Midwestern 2 bass; Darkglass Element (DAI); Reaper (DAW).
  • Klanghelm MJUC compressor; Plugin Alliance Ampeg SVT-VR Classic [on the bass track].
  • Cytomic ‘The Glue’; Kazrog KClip [on the master track].
15 Likes

Well done, @sfadams . . . :+1:

Cheers
Joe

5 Likes

Brilliant @sfadams!
what a workout!
I think the only critique I could add is that you are a tiny bit ahead of the beat and could do to lay back a bit. Now that said I am sure getting through this song at all is a huge accomplishment and this was not really on your mind. Haha.
I think a lick this fast tends to push one ahead of the beat (at least that is what happens with me). Laying back a bit would give the groove a funkier feel.

That said this was awesome work, well done man.

7 Likes

Still liking that Serek a lot, what a cool bass. Well done!

7 Likes

Nice job @sfadams
It’s a tune I love to hate but somehow it drags me back now and again.

5 Likes

Nicely done @sfadams. I also like that song, it’s a great arrangement by Quincy Jones. I dislike Michael Jackson a great deal though, so I just think of Quincy Jones and Louis Johnson when I do my warm ups with this song.

5 Likes

… also, I’m pleasantly surprised to see YouTube allowed it. I assume the monetization goes to the copyright owner?

5 Likes

Very nicely done @sfadams ,
Great workout, love the tone from the bass, the pickups look similar to Rickenbacker pickups IMO,
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Thank you @Jazzbass19, @John_E, @howard, @PamPurrs, @Mac and @TNKA36.

@John_E: Thanks for the feedback. Yes, you are correct to point out that my timing was a bit wobbly and sometimes rushed. Working on that will be my future challenge. Right now though, I don’t mind if I don’t hear Billie Jean again for a few weeks :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

You are a stronger man than me sir!

7 Likes

Very well done @sfadams ! You sure are stretching the limits of endurance with that cover.
Great job!
:+1:

5 Likes

Thank you @JerryP! :sunglasses:

5 Likes

This is my first cover outside of the 50 Song Challenge.

I’ve wanted to play this song ever since I saw Anna Portalupi’s cover on YouTube. It’s a bit North of my physical abilities, but I’ve been working on it for about a month so I wanted to produce something. I’ll revisit when my fingers get faster.

https://youtu.be/VX28BYLjBUs

16 Likes

Nice job @RuknRole
Watching your fretting hand you look like you have a nice gentle touch there.
I personally love the mistakes and all videos as they remind me of the live setting scenario.
Great first cover mate

6 Likes

Thanks @Mac!
That fast transition during the guitar solo at the end gets me every time. Tried to recover as best I could. lol

6 Likes