Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Very nicely done @sfadams ,
Great workout, love the tone from the bass, the pickups look similar to Rickenbacker pickups IMO,
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Thank you @Jazzbass19, @John_E, @howard, @PamPurrs, @Mac and @TNKA36.

@John_E: Thanks for the feedback. Yes, you are correct to point out that my timing was a bit wobbly and sometimes rushed. Working on that will be my future challenge. Right now though, I don’t mind if I don’t hear Billie Jean again for a few weeks :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

You are a stronger man than me sir!

7 Likes

Very well done @sfadams ! You sure are stretching the limits of endurance with that cover.
Great job!
:+1:

5 Likes

Thank you @JerryP! :sunglasses:

5 Likes

This is my first cover outside of the 50 Song Challenge.

I’ve wanted to play this song ever since I saw Anna Portalupi’s cover on YouTube. It’s a bit North of my physical abilities, but I’ve been working on it for about a month so I wanted to produce something. I’ll revisit when my fingers get faster.

https://youtu.be/VX28BYLjBUs

16 Likes

Nice job @RuknRole
Watching your fretting hand you look like you have a nice gentle touch there.
I personally love the mistakes and all videos as they remind me of the live setting scenario.
Great first cover mate

6 Likes

Thanks @Mac!
That fast transition during the guitar solo at the end gets me every time. Tried to recover as best I could. lol

6 Likes

That was excellent, @RuknRole. That’s not an easy track to cover by any means! You did great. I love the song and you played it in a very relaxed style.

5 Likes

I found it to be very well played, minor mistakes and all. It was quite acceptable and good enough to cover up any errors. Good mixing job, and great effort with the pick. You have nothing to apologize for, you did awesome.
Was this song originally played with a pick or is that something you did on your own inititiative?
Bravo!

5 Likes

@RuknRole …dude that was GREAT.
The bits of mistakes don’t matter one bit, that is a tough song, long, complex, and you did a GREAT job, esp with a pick!
You nailed the tone for sure.
Your timing was perfect, you were very much in the pocket almost the entire time minus the super fast bits which again, as others have also said, do not worry about in the least.
There were some tough parts there there were so so perfectly good.
I am a big Kansas fan and have “No One Together” on my someday list.
Love it.

What kind of wireless are you using and do you like it?

6 Likes

@PamPurrs About a week ago I saw a posting of yours regarding Still Got The Blues by Gary Moore but I cannot for the life of me locate it now. Any chance you can point me to the thread? Also, would it be possible to post your Bass transcription for that song?

4 Likes

Sure, here ya go

I’ll look for it. It’s really kind of sloppy as I memorized most of it, but I’ll see what I have and send it on. It’s a great song.

4 Likes

That’s the one.

Run your transcription through Crescendo. That should clean it up.
No rush.

Thank you.

2 Likes

LOL I created it in crescendo :smile_cat: I just did a sloppy job of it because I hadn’t planned on sharing it with anyone. Kind of like scribbling notes to yourself.
I’l go though and rearrange it so it looks more comprehensible.

2 Likes

Works for me. Thank You.

2 Likes

Thanks @Mac, @sfadams, @PamPurrs , and @John_E for the compliments!

I’m not sure how the artist played it, but I saw it covered with a pick and so I did the same.

It’s a Sennheiser XSW-D Instrument Base Set. Yes I love it! It’s worked great so far. I hardly ever play plugged in anymore.

4 Likes

Great work, @RuknRole . . . :slight_smile:

Most of the Kansas bass lines are very challenging, and you got this one!

Cheers
Joe

6 Likes

That was awesome! Dude, next time, don’t downplay your stuff with those “mistakes, attempt” notions. Let the playing do the talking.

6 Likes

AWESOME job @RuknRole ! One of my favorite songs and a bucket list Cover for me to which now you have inspired me to do it (eventually as I have too many others in the queue already).

Thanks for the courage and inspiration!

6 Likes