Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Great cover @BassFaceDisgrace and to sing as well as play so solidly is a major achievement

7 Likes

Thank you everyone for all the kind words and feedback! Believe it or not I felt more comfortable sharing this with you fine folks than my own family. At least you all know and appreciate the work I had to put in to get to this point. I love this community for providing positive feedback and honest constructive criticism, but never ridicule. Thanks bassbuzz fam!

9 Likes

Hi all!

About to finish the b2b course and felt it was about time I posted my first bass cover. The song is quite easy but to get through the whole thing IN TIME was more challenging than I would have thought. :grin:

https://youtu.be/kEJ6Kqr9fsM

13 Likes

Welcome @Erik, glad you are here.

You did a great job on this. Tone is great for the song too.

8 Likes

Great job! Nice tone, well played, well mixed, great song. Very well done. Congrats on being about to finish the course too!

7 Likes

Welcome @Erik please introduce yourself here

That’s a nicely done cover, especially for your first one. Timing and tone matched the song splendidly, which is the goal of the bass player.
Rock on!

6 Likes

your timing is fine :grin: welcome on the forum and congrats for this great cover !

7 Likes

Great job on your first cover @Erik ! Agreeing with everyone else, your timing and tone were fantastic.

6 Likes

Fantastic first cover. Welcome @Erik

5 Likes

Well done @Erik ,
nice tone and right on point,
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Thanks everyone for your kind words! Looking forward to listening to more of your covers and hopefully posting more of my own :grinning:

7 Likes

@Erik

You can create an index for all your covers here….

3 Likes

Hi guys,

Please find link to my latest cover,
Cheers Brian
https://bilgerats.billlanahan.com/2021/07/19/chris-issac-always-got-tonight/

10 Likes

Damn @TNKA36 Brian,… What can I say other than…… You were really INTO that one!!

No need to go i to timing, tone, mix, or any of that stuff…… At this point, it’s all about style of play and “use” of tone, mix, and timing…. Using the bass to build attitude in a song is a really cool thing…. When you can feel the song, things happen…. “Use the FORCE Luke!”

I really liked how you not only worked the strings, but also threw in those “mute slides” (that’s what I call them) in every so often to give the tones a bit of style, and also build attitude before the upcoming note - kinda makes a person look forward to hearing what’s next…. Use ‘em at the right time like you did and they work wonders!! This is where I could tell that you were “feelin’ it!!”

Great cover bro!

Keep On Thumpin’!
Lanny

5 Likes

@TNKA36
“And all the girlies say I’m pretty fly for a white guy”
Great everything brother!
agree with @Lanny on the bassattude.
My only crititque is that you belong in a band instead of alone in your room man.

6 Likes

Nice job seems pretty inadequate. Absolutely nailed it mate .

4 Likes

Thanks Bill @Lanny ,
It’s a great song and i love playing it, the slides etc just fitted into it and added some flair.
I just felt it needed something extra, and was really happy with how it fitted in,
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Thanks John @John_E,
If i could do a Michael Keaton and clone myself, id be able to been in my own band with my clones :rofl: :joy: :rofl:,
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

Thanks Mac @Mac ,
I have another Chris Issac cover ready to go :+1:
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Through the magic of Davinci Resolve, you can do this @TNKA36 … we livin’ in da future!

3 Likes