Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Nicely done as usual, Jerry @JerryP . . . :slight_smile:

Cheers
Joe

4 Likes

Thank you Joe!

4 Likes

Awesome @JerryP ! Great execution and love the “unconventional” thinking.

Definitely brings back memories. If I had a dollar for every time I watched that movie, I’d be drinking frozen drinks on a beach somewhere right now. One of my female cousins used to watch it almost daily when I would stay with them in the summers - she loved the music, I loved Olivia Newton-John. LoL :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

Thanks JD!
Glad I could bring back some memories.

3 Likes

Who didn’t!!!
Hubba!

6 Likes

Here’s my latest cover of a great Aussie band, Midnight Oil

If anyone wants to take a crack at this, I posted my bass transcription here. It’s also on my website if you want to download it. My thoughts? It’s not as easy as it looks. Your results may vary.

I added a tribute to the late Bones Hillman (bassist) at the end if you stick around for the entire video.

Beds are Burning
120 BPM
Key of E minor
Played on the small but mighty Hofner with LaBella Flats
Bones played it with a pick, but I just wasn’t able to nail it that way, so I switched to finger plucking.

Beds are Burning - (pampurrs.com)

12 Likes

Excellent, Pam @PamPurrs . . . :+1:

Great video production as always, too!

Cheers
Joe

3 Likes

Thanks Joe @Jazzbass19

2 Likes

That was AWESOME!
The BEST TONE EVER, just perfect and mix was spot on.
Soooooo THUMPY but crystal clear, no mud at all.
Wow.
Your timing was crazy on point during the entire chug.
My favorite yet of yours @PamPurrs

3 Likes

Thank you @John_E . You may recall I discussed the difficulty I was having with the timing of this song during our last live hang, but I just kept practicing and practing and practicing until I nailed it.

3 Likes

I do and remember what you said every night for the last few as I work my next cover, which is a bit faster as well (not as fast as yours though).
Mine sounds OK in the mix but when I listen to it solo it is not as clean as I would like, so I came to the same conclusion, keep practicing it until its good enough for my ears.
I figured you were continuing to practice until you were happy, wow you really owned it.

Practice is really the answer to most things in music.

3 Likes

Great job!
Commented on the website.
:+1:

3 Likes

Thanks @JerryP

2 Likes

Hey @PamPurrs , that’s an excellent cover : your timing is very good and your bass tone fits the song perfectly. even the mix is perfect to me. it’s one of your best covers since the beginning, if not the best, in my opinion. congrats, you’ve really become a badass bass player, for sure !

… and also it’s the 100th cover of the year !

:metal::partying_face:

6 Likes

That’s cause for celebration! :partying_face: :

Thank you for your kind comments @terb . Coming from you, it means a lot to me.

3 Likes

I can’t realize how much time has passed since my last cover ! just a quickie this time, for my last cover in this house before I move again in a few weeks.

Larma - Det Du Inte Ska Se

Nothing very complex or impressive … but yeah, it is what it is : 2 minutes of pure swedish hardcore punk.

13 Likes

Greenie back with the perfect tone for this song :slight_smile:

Very cool traditional hardcore song there. Like it a lot, had not heard these guys.

3 Likes

Nice work on the chugging there, Pam. Interesting single-finger plucking.

The Hofner did surprisingly well there for tone. I really like how those sound (hollow bodies in general, really). I think the Hofner always surprises me because it’s so small.

6 Likes

That’s awesome @terb even though it’s not my kind of music, I rather enjoyed listening to it. I wish I could play with a pick as well as you do. In any case you did an awesome job of it.
Good luck with your upcoming move.

4 Likes

I used a 1.0 Dunlop Ultex pick instead of my usual 1.14 , it’s not really different feeling-wise but the 1.0 sounds a bit more agressive, more “snappy”. the 0.88 is too soft for my attack.

4 Likes