Post your covers! (2019-2022)

I do and remember what you said every night for the last few as I work my next cover, which is a bit faster as well (not as fast as yours though).
Mine sounds OK in the mix but when I listen to it solo it is not as clean as I would like, so I came to the same conclusion, keep practicing it until its good enough for my ears.
I figured you were continuing to practice until you were happy, wow you really owned it.

Practice is really the answer to most things in music.

3 Likes

Great job!
Commented on the website.
:+1:

3 Likes

Thanks @JerryP

2 Likes

Hey @PamPurrs , that’s an excellent cover : your timing is very good and your bass tone fits the song perfectly. even the mix is perfect to me. it’s one of your best covers since the beginning, if not the best, in my opinion. congrats, you’ve really become a badass bass player, for sure !

… and also it’s the 100th cover of the year !

:metal::partying_face:

6 Likes

That’s cause for celebration! :partying_face: :

Thank you for your kind comments @terb . Coming from you, it means a lot to me.

3 Likes

I can’t realize how much time has passed since my last cover ! just a quickie this time, for my last cover in this house before I move again in a few weeks.

Larma - Det Du Inte Ska Se

Nothing very complex or impressive … but yeah, it is what it is : 2 minutes of pure swedish hardcore punk.

13 Likes

Greenie back with the perfect tone for this song :slight_smile:

Very cool traditional hardcore song there. Like it a lot, had not heard these guys.

3 Likes

Nice work on the chugging there, Pam. Interesting single-finger plucking.

The Hofner did surprisingly well there for tone. I really like how those sound (hollow bodies in general, really). I think the Hofner always surprises me because it’s so small.

6 Likes

That’s awesome @terb even though it’s not my kind of music, I rather enjoyed listening to it. I wish I could play with a pick as well as you do. In any case you did an awesome job of it.
Good luck with your upcoming move.

4 Likes

I used a 1.0 Dunlop Ultex pick instead of my usual 1.14 , it’s not really different feeling-wise but the 1.0 sounds a bit more agressive, more “snappy”. the 0.88 is too soft for my attack.

4 Likes

Thanks @howard . It’s funny you mentioned that about single finger plucking…

The thing is, when I play, I just tell my right hand to do what it has to do to play the song, and then don’t pay much attention to it. I’m actually paying more attention to my left hand on the fret board. The right hand seems to be in very good charge of commanding all the fingers to do their job, so I just leave it be.
It’s not until I watch the video (this is why videos are so important), that I realize that sometimes I’m single finger plucking, and other times I’m alternating index middle index middle…
It all seems to work out though, so I’m not overly concerned about it.
Nice catch though @howard :eyes:

4 Likes

Great job Pam @PamPurrs ,
i left comments on your webpage,
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

The small but mighty Hofner LOL

3 Likes

Nice job Laurent @terb ,
great pick workout, great tone,
couldn’t understand a word they said, but that’s ok, it’s about the music
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

This is happening to me all the time now lately.
I keep thinking its bad and I should correct it and then I say…meh, it works.

3 Likes

Two perfect covers in one day!
Great job @terb, seemlessly played.

4 Likes

been missing you!

7 Likes

Great job Pam. This song came out the year I graduated from high school and I remember it being front and center during our graduation celebrations and the summer that followed. Great job on it too and awesome video production :clap::fire::guitar:

4 Likes

Great cover @PamPurrs . Must say I’m pleasantly surprised by the Hofner. The tune is a regular on the radio stations over here. Shame the singer is such a jerk.
Can’t go wrong with a bit of proper punk @terb . Old Greenie certainly fits the bill

4 Likes

In the spirit of the Olympics (currently going on) … IT IS A PERFECT 10!!!

Loved it @PamPurrs . Such great tone and your comment to @John_E

…is yet again “inspiration” for me as I am struggling with a song right now for the 50 Songs Challenge and was about ready to move on to the next song, but will instead, take your advice and keep practicing until I nail it. :slight_smile:

You rock Pam!!

5 Likes