Post your covers! (2019-2022)

I agree with Pam. I have the Kali’s as well and they are great! I’ve been mixing and mastering with them, with no issues, including using some sub bass sounds in some tracks. Very happy with mine, just make sure you have good isolators, no matter what you get.

2 Likes

Agree 100%
Like these

3 Likes

Thank you @Ed !

2 Likes

@John_E , that’s absolutely bonkers, how good that cover is. To my ears you’re spot on.
Tone-wise, you got that beautiful blue Fender dialed in perfectly. What strings are on it? Anyhoo, that cobalt-like blue has got to be one of my absolute favorite colors.

2 Likes

Thanks man!
La Bella 760FS!
Flats flats flats.

The VT Bass DI helped me match a bit the original growl of McCartney’s Rick, not perfect but close.

3 Likes

The return of the foam … :slight_smile:

The Devil Makes Three - Chained To The Couch

as my move has been delayed (not for long), I’ve found some time to record an anniversary cover. it’s been 2 years since my very first bass cover has been recorded and shared on the forum. (to be precise : the thread has beed created a few days after the cover has been recorded, because of a Youtube issue at the time)

The song is one of my favorites on the first Devil Makes Three album, and this version comes from a LR Baggs acoustic live session. it’s more minimal than the studio version, and as there is no double bass on this version, it has been comfortable to add my own bass line, not based on the original one. Despite the few notes played, this kind of bass line is not so easy, as there is no reference for the tempo. Still very interesting to me. I like this kind of line.

I used the Ibanez Jet King for a change, plugged straight into the Bass POD Pro and recorded with the UR22C. The Ibanez works not bad for this kind of thing.

13 Likes

Very nice. Must say I heard more of a kind of “Penny Lane” style 1/8th note walking bassline in my head as the song played through, but maybe that would be too busy and besides your own line was excellent (as ever).

5 Likes

oh yeah, that would be interesting but it would probably turn the atmosphere of the song a different way ! the original bass line (on the studio version) is more classic country.

6 Likes

Very cool @terb
Love the tone of that bass

5 Likes

Nice job Laurent! I like the song and the bass sounds great for this.
:+1:

5 Likes

Very nice and smooth Laurent, @terb ,
Your bass line fitted in very nicely with the song, sometimes less is enough, worked really nicely,
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Just terrific @terb !!

5 Likes

Very nice @terb I enjoyed listening to this song and your bass line. That Ibanez sounds lovely.
It’s great to see you back posting in your Post your Covers thread.

4 Likes

I’m saying to myself that I could switch to flat wound strings on this bass.

4 Likes

Sounds really nice, Laurent @terb . . . :+1:

Happy second Anniversary, too!

Cheers
Joe

4 Likes

:rofl:

wait… you’re serious :slight_smile:

4 Likes

let’s say that I have enough basses to do that :joy:

5 Likes

Excellent idea!

3 Likes

Let me take you back to carefree evenings drinking sodastream and watching videos from Blockbuster with this cover of Kids in America by Kim Wilde. The song’s a great way to work out your picking hand if nothing else! I tried to stick as much as possible with downpicking but had to change to alternate picking when I started slowing down. Still, generally satisfied :+1:

10 Likes

Very nice! Some serious memories there. Nice work on the walk-ups in the chorus.

5 Likes