Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Great job on both covers. Perfect bass picks for each cover.
This Fender on the “Lie To Me” looks like the real version of the Squire Vintage Modified Squire I just aquired. hope it feels and sounds as good once I finish the small upgrades I am doing.

2 Likes

Thanks Toby @T_dub ,
Glad you liked them and I hope your bass sounds cool when it’s finished :sunglasses:
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

Great covers from everyone. @TNKA36 you really have raised the bar to the point where I reckon I can only manage to limbo under it.

2 Likes

Thanks @Mac ,
Mac , glad you liked them,
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

I especially liked the Floyd cover @TNKA36 .
I was never a fan until I picked up the bass. Now I quite often have a play along with a couple of their tracks

2 Likes

Here is my cover of Suck My Kiss by RHCP. My darkglass amp broke and had to send for repair… only signal chain is my focusrite scarlett and Cory Wong cab sim.

Cheers
https://youtu.be/W2N1Vdg-4nc

12 Likes

Very nice cover.
Very well played
Sound great thru the Focusrite.
That bass sounds great, and I have heard it before. I just can’t wrap my mind around headless bass (as @JoshFossgreen said, “they freak me out”), but it sure gets the job done.

4 Likes

I enjoy them, I can walk down a hallway while playing without worry about smashing my headstock hahah. I live in a tight apartment so it works for me. It the opposite of a normal bass cuz u don’t head get dive, but the opposite. Which is weird for me.

3 Likes

Sounds very good @Vegaswizzle

4 Likes

Great job @Vegaswizzle nice tone

5 Likes

Yeah, there is nothing wrong with them, and if you like it, thats what counts.

2 Likes

Great job @Vegaswizzle ,
Right on point and great tone :+1::sunglasses:
Very cool,
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Great job @Vegaswizzle ! Interesting song, not my cup of tea, but well played. It seems like you have good finger stretch.
:+1:

4 Likes

Aloha BassBuzzers!
This is something I was working on before my trip so I wanted to get it done after I arrived. I recorded this using the TB-4P for those who might still be looking into it for a traveling bass. I used the Fender Rumble LT 25 for the DAI, using factory preset #4 Elektrik Upright into Garage Band (Reaper wouldn’t recognize the LT for some reason). Video lighting is a bit meh. I hope you like it. I’ll post a note to the other thread where the TB-4P was being discussed.

12 Likes

Nice @JerryP
sounds a bit distorted, maybe just high in the mix?
It is certainly thumpier than it looks!

Do you have flats or rounds on it? I put flats on mine.
It takes its first trip in November.

2 Likes

Nice job on the tone and timing. I agree with @John_E though, the bass sounds a bit muddy. Maybe a bit too heavy on the gain? Maybe level set too high in your DAW when recording? (shrug)
This was one of my favorite Elvis tunes, and you did a nice job covering it.

2 Likes

Thank you @PamPurrs & @John_E ! I think it has to do with the LT 25 as a DAI. I will be using the Scarlette 2i2 and Reaper from now on.
I have rounds on the TB-4P.

4 Likes

Great job Jerry @JerryP ,
Right on point, I really loved the tone of the bass, you made it sound like an upright :sunglasses:
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Another great cover @JerryP :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Thanks @TNKA36 Brian & @Mac !

2 Likes