Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Well this is about as perfect as you can get!
The tone was spot on, your groove was spot on, everything was spot on!
From note #1, wow.
After a few seconds I generally look away and let my ears just enjoy the song, and I would have sworn I was listening to the original recording!!
Great great job @Bassdacious !!

5 Likes

Great job, nice tone and perfect timing all the way1

6 Likes

That was really well played!

4 Likes

Very well done! Perfect tone and groove! Great job!
:+1:

4 Likes

How do you pee?

1 Like

it’s been a while since my previous cover … I’ve had some hard times recently and I’m busy, it’s not easy to find time to play some music. Anyway, here is a cover of a song from one of the very best alternative country bands I’ve discovered this year.

Poor Man’s Poison - Pressure Cracks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWSDSoAyQlo&ab_channel=anarterb

I don’t like ska rythms in general, but sometimes, when it has a taste of good modern country, I can find this pretty interesting. Also I love the bass line, so it was enough to convince me to record a cover. The bass line I’m playing is almost the same than the original one.

I play on my Ibanez AGBV straight into the Bass POD Pro with my standard setting (the same I always use). The short scale, the semi-hollow body and the flatwound strings bring this famous “blury” tone, and I used it to feel hopefully somewhat a bit like an upright. I’ve been able to find a more realistic upright-like tone with this bass (different pickups and tone settings) but it was more focused and resonnant, and thus harder to mix. So, I prefered to use a bit wider and flatter tone to make it sit better into the existing mix.

17 Likes

Great job @terb
Cool song, great tone and cool looking/sounding bass, perfect for the tune.
Glad to see you back.

5 Likes

Very nicely done, Laurent @terb . . . :slight_smile:

Sorry to hear you’ve been having hard times, but it’s great you’re back again.

Hope things will work out for you! :+1:

Cheers
Joe

5 Likes

That is really encouraging to hear! Thanks for your kind words.

3 Likes

Very nice @Bassdacious! I was hoping your new Sandberg would be on it!

5 Likes

Thanks Pam.

4 Likes

:joy: Cheers, I did this one a couple months ago B.S. - I really want to like the Sire - it looks great and I like the tone, but she is not very comfortable to play. It has a hint of neck dive, enough to distract me and I find I’m adjusting it too much for my liking. The issues became even more obvious after I’ve been playing the Sandberg - it’s unfair to compare your kids, I know! Next cover will be with the Ladyhawk!

5 Likes

Very nice @terb! Love the bass as well! Hope your hard times are over.

5 Likes

Thanks Howard :grin:

4 Likes

Really liking the Ibanez there. Might pick up an AGB someday here to see if I like the hollow bodies - definitely cheaper than a Gretsch to start with and yours sounds great.

Loved the breakdown at 2:00 :slight_smile:

Very sorry to hear this, I hope everything is ok!

6 Likes

Thanks Jerry :metal:

4 Likes

Good job @terb. Nice to see you back.

5 Likes

Nice! I think with no real kick in place could have really gone for the full upright feel and kept the mix just fine, maybe a little EQ and light compression if needed, there really isn’t a lot floating down in the low end. Sounds awesome though.

3 Likes

Great job!

5 Likes

Amazing job @Bassdacious . As has been said if you close your eyes it could easily have been an original recording.
The hollow body sounds great @terb . The cover was presented with your usual “je ne sais quoi”. Outstanding as always

4 Likes