Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Very nice @JerryP. Didn’t spot your flubs, put it that way!

Enjoy Bahrain.

2 Likes

Nice cover - I didn’t hear any flubs. :+1:

The song is actually an old (1967) Four Seasons song, although Maneskin’s ( Måneskin, actually) version is barely recognizable.

I actually got to see Måneskin a couple of weeks ago in Las Vegas - they opened for the Rolling Stones. Very impressive, especially considering that the oldest member of the band is 22 and they had never played a stadium before.

4 Likes

Really small ones if so. Didn’t notice them. Good job @JerryP!

2 Likes

Thank you @TNKA36 Brian, @sfadams , @spidey9 & @thomas .

Yeah, when I first looked it up, it cane up with the Four Seasons. After checking with my niece, I found out it was Maneskin she was listening to.

3 Likes

Cool cover. I’m looking at doing Ziiti E Buoni by Maneskin covered by Russian band.

2 Likes

Another AC/DC cover: ‘Shot in the dark’ from 2020 album ‘Power up’. I love their stuff!!!

I have put some funds in my recording equipment since the “Hells Bells” cover. Tech21 Preamp/DI into Presonus 24c audio interface. Very easy and comfortable way to get the cover on tape . :smiley:

https://youtu.be/FJ1M7j_cnI8

12 Likes

very nice cover @thomas ! I love AC/DC too. you played the song quite well, with a very nice and appropriate tone. and also with style :sunglasses:

7 Likes

:metal:

6 Likes

:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Started covering some Hal Leonard First 50 songs, here’s my attempt at Creep. My first song with 16th notes and hammer-ons. Far from perfect, but didn’t want to leave my November practice diary empty, so here it is. :slight_smile: Constructive criticism welcome as always.

https://youtu.be/vFeT3LREzIA

11 Likes

Great job @Thomas ! Well played the hat and glasses make the video!
:+1:

3 Likes

that’s a nice cover @akos ! it’s not easy to introduce new things when you play an instrument, but you did quite well :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That sounded fantastic @akos ! I don’t know the song but you were spot on and the Lakland has great tone. I enjoyed listening.
:+1:

2 Likes

One more Hal Leonard First 50 cover while I’m at it: Down on the Corner by CCR. Another one with 16th notes…

https://youtu.be/WrFnfEsOozA

11 Likes

WOW, holy growl Batman!
Well done @akos!
What settings are you using on the Lakland for this?
Sounds awesome.
Is this the Geezer bass?
What strings?

3 Likes

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TIqB5VtoqW0

8 Likes

Another great cover and super cool tone @akos - chorus on there? Octaver?
The first note played brought back a memory I had completely forgotten.
In highschool my guitarist buddy wanted me to learn bass, I said no (dummy).
He insisted he teach me a song though, and this was it!

3 Likes

Yes this is the one with the GZR pups. Strings are the factory D’Addario EXL165. All knobs are all the way up on the bass - I paid for two pickups, I’m going to use both at full volume! :slight_smile: I used the “contour” mode on the Rumble (+1dB @ 80Hz, -13dB @ 670Hz, +2dB @ 8kHz), other than that everything at noon.

Just clean tone, no effects

3 Likes

Hi @cobaltblue13 - nice work and great song selection for starting out.
Playing whole songs builds a lot of confidence and lots of other skills as well.

Two things to consider…

1. Don’t put yourself down when making a video, just enjoy yourself. As my instructor says, “I can hear through the mistakes”. If you are going to make a funny face, own it and make it a bass face! :confounded: - more this, not this - :woozy_face: (reminds me, we need a proper bassface emoji) You are doing great, enjoy it!
  2. You may wish to do a search in B2B or in Josh’s YouTube videos about muting. It is a tricky concept to get at first and at some point you start doing it without thinking. You can hear some strings ‘ringing out’ after they are played, they should be ‘muted’ with one of your hands (depending on what else your fingers are doing). Good time to incorporate some of this in your practice.

Great job overall, timing things but that is normal, new bass still looks great, keep it up!

5 Likes

I have P envy.
Def need to play with strings on mine.

2 Likes