Post your covers! (2019-2022)

I think with hindsight we all rue about how we could have done things but in the end the only thing that matters is what we do moving forward, and making music of any kind is a good place to start.

5 Likes

Back at you Joe @Jazzbass19

5 Likes

okay so this is my last Silk Sonic cover promise. I didn’t do a full video yet as I am still transcribing one of the fills in this song so here is the audio of my first recording of the tune just for the fun of it. My bass teach Damian Erskine recommended this band to me to transcribe because of the great timing, funk grooves etc. I played this using the right hand techniques found in Damian’s book Right Hand Drive. Hope you all enjoy
https://youtu.be/INg0Kx9Fefc

9 Likes

Hey I love the teaser trailer :+1:. Can’t wait for the final video!

4 Likes

if you’re interested, for partial/incomplete covers, there is this other thread : Post your practice fragments!

8 Likes

No hardrock today! :smile:

Bass cover of Amy Winehouse’ great song Back to Black
It gave me a hard time to make the bass sound a little bit smooth and mellow to meet the original sound. Comments welcome!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ9iMdHuHyk

17 Likes

Nicely done @thomas , very good tone and timing. I love that song by Amy (RIP) and you did it justice.
As a side note: casting your shadow on the wall behind you is a very interesting video effect. Good job on that also.

6 Likes

Great job @Thomas.
love the back to black great vibe.

5 Likes

Very Nice!

5 Likes

well done @thomas
Big Amy fan, two of her albums on my wall o’ fame.
You did a great job and I still love love that bass.

5 Likes

Nice work @LesterH !

4 Likes

Great job @Thomas ! I need to get into more AW. Sounded perfect.
:+1:

4 Likes

Great cover, thomas. … It’s so sad we’ve lost Amy Winehouse … she was a real talent :confused: … I have to mention it. The bass sits SO F*n’ good in the mix. Outstanding job!

4 Likes

Great job @LesterH . You definitely locked in there :+1: It even sounds good on my shitty phone speakers !

Cool song choice and well played @thomas
Certainly a different direction from AC/DC :scream:

4 Likes

Great cover Lester, @LesterH , very funky bass line with great tone in the mix,
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

@TNKA36 thank you Brian for your kind words

3 Likes

@Mac Thank you man I appreciate it

3 Likes

Thank you Jerry

3 Likes

Ohm! Funk master you are @LesterH. Love your finger tone.

4 Likes

Just listened to your Tom Sawyer cover on YouTube @LesterH . That is bloody amazing bro

4 Likes