Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Can you change the permissions on the file?
It is asking us to ask you for permission to listen to.

1 Like

yeah, sorry, I changed the permission but probably forgot to save it :man_facepalming:
Does it work now?

2 Likes

Got it!

1 Like

Coming along nicely @paolo.pfm !
Nice growl you have going here.

You did a good job keeping the groove in general.
Couple small blips here and there, and a bit bigger one when you went up high, but otherwise a nice job indeed!
You can try isolating that one passage and going over it a few times to nail it.
You are not far off.

Well done!
Cool bassline.

1 Like

Thanks, too good :grin:
I wanted to record myself playing for a while, but usually I would quit again and again at the first problem and never finish a song.
In this case, while I was fully aware of all major mistakes while playing too, I could find more imperfections that I didn’t notice while playing. Which is in fact the entire purpose…

Although that is a glaring error, I’m quite glad it was the only big one in the section. It took me a bit to get the end of the previous chorus and the bridge sorted out… and it still definitely needs some work.

And while at it, this is You shook me all night long
The volume mix is not really great, but in this way you can better enjoy all mistakes :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Kicking off the weekend with some Zeppelin “Custard Pie”. Always loved this opening track from Physical Graffiti. It’s a lot of fun to play and pretty accessible compared to other John Paul Jones basslines. The tone comes from the Schecter blend knob favoring the bridge pickup through my Orange crush amp with some drive and a lot of mids.
https://youtu.be/2lp3vJsfzJ8

12 Likes

Great job @dlamson13
Groove was groovy.
Schecter sounding great too, loved it.

I am a believer in …. If you play what you want how you want technique doesn’t really matter… but will point out your flying ‘guitarist’ fingers as a ‘just cause’.
This might start to hamper you down the line when you want to use those fingers to mute strings but they are already on their way to their little journey in the fretboard ether.

4 Likes

Great job @dlamson13 ! Tone and timing were perfect, I thought. Good way to kick off the weekend.
:+1:

3 Likes

Nice job @dlamson13 ,
One of my favourite LZ songs, you served it well :+1:
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

Thanks John! You’re 100% right about the egregious flying fingers on this one :slight_smile: , definitely something to work on.

2 Likes

Thanks Jerry!

2 Likes

Thanks Brian!

2 Likes

nice cover @dlamson13 but your tone is very aggressive (to me), very focused in the midrange. maybe the tone you wanted but it’s kinda hard to listen to, in the context of this mix. Hope it helps, and again it’s a nice cover overall :slight_smile: your playing is great and matches well the song and musical style.

4 Likes

Thanks @terb, glad you liked the cover and really appreciate your feedback on the tone. I find mixing a bit mystifying, so your perspective is certainly helpful. My tone finding “process” has been to play the main riff of a song through a looper pedal and turn my amp knobs until I find a sound I like in the room. I do tend to favor mid heavy tones (probably a little too much :laughing: ). So long story short, I know what kind of sounds I like when I’m jamming to a song but struggle with the “is it right for the mix” part. Thanks again,
Take care,
Dan

5 Likes

Be a rebel. It’s ok.
:upside_down_face:

5 Likes

We’ll, I thought it sounded great

4 Likes

Hola BassBuzzers. Due to a tedious fretting arm injury, I’ve had nearly 2 months completely off bass. Pretty frustrating (there’s only so much theory / music stuff you can watch). Anyway the discomfort is slowly going away and I’m able to play for up to 30 minutes a day pain free.
I’ve been dialing back the technical difficulty and just working on simple stuff that doesn’t tax my fretting hand but at least works on my rhythm. So Reggae is my new thing!
This is the 1967 original version, although most of us will know it from the 1980 Blondie record. Cheers Amigos.
Oh and very happy to see @John_E finally nailed The Strokes song that was bugging him for so long.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ve97DMdEdmY

HX Stomp - Ampeg SVT-4 Pro, Deluxe Comp Compressor, Retro reel
Tone - rolled 100% off
Fender MIM P Bass
GHS Precision Flats

11 Likes

I think this is kind of classic humbucker mids-saturation coming through on this one. I like it actually, though I agree it might not fit Zep so well. That’s ok for me though because I like that bass tone much more than I like Zep :rofl:

5 Likes

Hey @Barney your back!
Great to see you and good to hear you see on the mend!!!

Great job here and cool song choice. I’ve never heard the original before.

Still love that stripy bass too.

5 Likes

I didn’t even know the Blondie version was a cover!

5 Likes