Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Way to go. Great working practice for speed and endurance

2 Likes

@robbp that’s a solid cover. I enjoyed that a lot.

4 Likes

Thank you, @Barney!

3 Likes

Excellent work @robbp ! I thought about doing Lady Madonna, but never got around to it. you are progressing well with each cover.
:+1:

3 Likes

Nice one @John_E ! Always interested in a rerun once in a while. Especially The Beatles.

3 Likes

Here is my cover of “The Wait” by the Pretenders. I’ve contemplated working through the whole Pretenders debut, but for now starting with a lesser known track. Pete Farndon has so many great parts all over the record. It’s a shame he wasn’t with us longer. I can’t hear exactly what is happening in the guitar solo section, so I came up with something similar. Hope you enjoy, lot’s of fun to play, love the chaotic energy in this tune
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KemJflKbVCY

15 Likes

That was big fun! Thank you for posting that. :clap: :heart: :clap:

3 Likes

Awesome! I really liked the walking part on the chorus.

3 Likes

Thank you, @JerryP! Yes, even if sometimes progress seems slow, I play every day and every time after playing I feel more “comfortable”(or even “connected”) to my bass, if that makes sense? I guess this is progress! :joy:

3 Likes

Good stuff @dlamson13

4 Likes

Nice job, that sounded great.

5 Likes

Good one @John_E That’s a beautiful bass.

4 Likes

What a fun tune! You nailed that.

4 Likes

Great job from the bunker! Enjoyed that a lot.

3 Likes

Holy crap you were great!
Almost as good as the new wall art!!!
Love it.

Love this tune and you sure did it justice @dlamson13

Have I mentioned I hate how easy bass becomes for guitarists?

3 Likes

Thank you all very much @sakkasie, @robbp, @T_dub, @Paul_9207, @JerryP, and @John_E for listening and the kind words. I had a great time working on this one for sure.

Haha, thanks, yeah we had this family art night a little while back where the girls surprised me and painted music themed pictures for my music room. Thought it was so nice I rearranged the basement a little to put them on display. Ended up with a better practice set-up too.

6 Likes

That’s really cool!

4 Likes

OK, Here is my very first posted cover.

Dove Cameron’s Boyfriend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A79ME5mIkFM

The bass in this song is just so sultry. It’s also surprisingly difficult (for me) to keep my timing as you’ll see.

I have a long way to go to making this perfecto, but I absolutely love playing it. I hope it doesn’t hurt your ears too much

Yamaha TRBX 304
through a
B1 Four ZOOM
to a
Focusright Scarlett Solo

Bass-less backing track Recorded with OBS and then rendered through Resolve just for titles and fades. It seems to have punched up the bass compared to the OBS version of the song!

Let me know what you think!

EDIT: DARN IT , just got this in an email…
" Blocked countries: Russia"

13 Likes

I think that sounded great! Good job.

4 Likes

Here is my last Halloween themed cover. Fans of the movie Ghostbusters 2 will be happy. Also, fans of Danny Elfman and Oingo Boingo. I just love Danny Elfman. He’s done so many amazing things and I really wish I could sing like him.

Oingo Boingo - Flesh and Blood
https://youtu.be/BWv_0VhWafU
My brother saw Danny’s second to last show with Oingo Boingo on their Farewell tour in '94 I think on October 30th. I was really sad because I thought I would never see him live. But then six years ago on October 28 my wife and I were lucky enough to get tickets to The Nightmare Before Christmas Live with Danny singing for Jack Skellington. A dream come true for me.

13 Likes