Post your covers! (2019-2022)

This is my kind of review!

3 Likes

Yeah, that little walk up towards the end tripped me a bit. It’ll get better with my practice.

3 Likes

It’s a lot of fun to play in. Yes, I need to do a lot more practice!

3 Likes

Thanks @MikeC Having a firm grasp of rhythm has definitely helped with the bass. And thank you so much for the kind words.

3 Likes

Thank you @JerryP @John_E and @dlamson13
I had fun doing Halloween songs. We love Halloween at my house. I need to find a few Christmas songs to cover.

3 Likes

We have a thread that @PamPurrs started last year for that…

4 Likes

Oh. Very cool. I’ll be diving into this thread.

2 Likes

I’ve been meaning to post a reminder to start working on your Christmas songs, but have been very distracted of late (as you all know).
Thanks for posting that @John_E

5 Likes

I forget, did anyone ever do a cover of Christmas Wrapping by The Waitresses? That would rule.

3 Likes

Go for it!

2 Likes

not the easiest bass line !

4 Likes

Yeah no way can I cover that. First off, can’t pull off the vocals. And then there’s the fact that that is actually a stealth S-tier bassline.

3 Likes

Way way too hard for me

4 Likes

@Paul_9207

Your challenge sir…

https://youtu.be/-cUz-zAATNI

I really want to name my next band The Seasick Crocodiles now…

2 Likes

Quick cover of The Ventures: Walk, Don’t Run with my Gretsch Junior Jet (not selling it as of yet). The song only had 3 discrete tracks on it–the bass was mixed on the same track as guitar, so I couldn’t knock out the bass in Moises.ai…a few occasions of being a millisecond behind. And yes, I see from the video that I am not reaching far enough to fret the C properly.

Another tidbit…this is the first song I completely transcribed myself with no tabs. Song itself is pretty straightforward. The Junior Jet really gives me that nice upright-style THUMP that I can’t really replicate on my p-bass.

https://youtu.be/fIB2IlSOJ34

14 Likes

Good job on the transcription! It sounds pretty spot on to me :+1: :+1:

Nice bass too. Is it a hollow body?

2 Likes

Great job @Old_WannaBe ! The Ventures songs are fun to play. I recently cover three songs a couple of months ago.
:+1:

2 Likes

nice work @Old_WannaBe !

3 Likes

No, but the junior jet does resonate like crazy.

3 Likes

That would be a cool band name.

I’ll have to take a good listen and see what happens!

2 Likes