Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Excellent :sunglasses:

4 Likes

So far this is my favorite cover you have done of this band I have never heard the music of, lol.
Something about this one and your playing I really like.
I felt your playing more in this one.
If you fluffed things, I didn’t notice.
You are seriously ready for a Motorhead cover band mate.

7 Likes

I think that Motorvember actually starts on Nov 1, and ends on Oct 31, so you have all the time in the world actually​:+1::+1::+1::kissing:

5 Likes

He has to be ready to sing for that.
Well, if you do it correctly, but to add a singer would be kinda like a 4pc Rush tribute band. :scream:

It would work, but it doesn’t really work, ya know

5 Likes

And………… he’s not ugly enough :joy:

5 Likes

Hey, Here is a fun song. It took everything I have to play this. its a cover of something I heard on juliaplaysgroove. Not my normal genre, but a blast.
https://youtu.be/iTF3w-0ncjY

17 Likes

This is awesome @Vegaswizzle
Great job!

4 Likes

that was fun!

4 Likes

Hey thanks @John_E ! I’d have to learn some newer tracks and buy some gear (mirrored shades, black western shirt etc) …

…oh yeah and learn to sing ( @T_dub :grin:) but that would be pretty flipping cool. :+1::+1:. I’m thinking about singing classes actually - the missis thinks i have a similar vocal range to Lemmy. I’d need to work on the tone though…

Hah - real Lemmy impersonators can always grow some warts and have their teeth removed @Mac . Art is suffering and all that.:wink:

Every day is motorday :joy:
Then again don’t think my liver can take all that Jack Daniels ,:wink:

5 Likes

Hey @Vegaswizzle that is really impressive! I wouldn’t normally listen to this style but it sounded really good. The basswork was spot on and it must have been tricky to play with that rhythm - the accenting on the drums was tough to work with.

Beautiful tone too. Really clean :ok_hand:

4 Likes

great tune great effort

3 Likes

@Vegaswizzle that was absolutely fabulous. That would have taken some serious time to get down.
Man, I love this thread so much :heart:

Also full disclosure, some of the covers I really like on here, I convert to MP3 files from YouTube and they’re added to my job site playlist. For an audience of mainly one and occasionally two or three :slight_smile:

7 Likes

How do you do this?

1 Like

Great job @Vegaswizzle !!!

2 Likes

Record from loopback in any DAW, play video on youtube?

1 Like

there are a ton of sites for extracting MP3 from YT, like this one for example

3 Likes

Like @terb suggested. I just Google ‘YouTube to MP3’ converter and find one that works and isn’t too spammy.

3 Likes

So this is me at the two year point. Never played bass before. Took @JoshFossgreen’s amazing Beginner to Baddass course then got my head down and put in the miles.

It’s been fun. At no time did I ever come home and not want to practice. So much so that I’ve easily done over a 1000 hours on the bass (mainly my Fender P Bass).

To date this is my 33rd cover and at the risk of repeating myself. Hands down the best thing for my playing has been learning and recording songs. Pretty much all the online teachers say the same thing, that building up your repertoire improves your playing.

Interesting back story to this song for all you Fleetwood Mac fans. Stretch were a 1970s British rock band that grew from the collaboration between Elmer Gantry and Kirby Gregory.
The band was put together in 1974 with help from Fleetwood Mac manager Clifford Davis and drummer Mick Fleetwood, to perform as Fleetwood Mac on a US tour because the existing Fleetwood Mac were not in a position to fulfill outstanding contractual obligations. However, Fleetwood did not join the tour as planned, and later denied any knowledge or involvement, and partway through the tour it became obvious to audiences that there was no original member of Fleetwood Mac in the band, and the tour collapsed. Bass player Paul Martinez claimed, “Mick Fleetwood pulled out at the last minute claiming not to know who we were!”

Stretch rose from the ashes of this debacle, and soon had a No. 16 hit single in November 1975 with “Why Did You Do It?”, the lyric of which was a direct attack on Mick Fleetwood for his failure to join the band on the ill-fated US tour.

I managed to get Moises to work for me on this track and it completely stripped out all the original bass from the recording. 20 years ago punters like us wouldn’t have been let anywhere near this technology.

Cheers Amigos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9XUzfM8ftg

HX Stomp
Comp - Line 6 Original Deluxe Compressor
Amp - Fender Bassman
Modulation - Retro Reel
MIM Fender Precision Bass
GHS Precision Flats
DAI - Focusrite Scarlett Solo

As always, it’s the support and encouragement of seeing other beginners on this thread giving it a go that helped spur me into recording myself.

So a big thanks to all the ‘Post Your Covers’ stars for putting yourselves out there:

@terb @Lanny @howard @JerryP @TNKA36 @PamPurrs @sfadams @Vegaswizzle @John_E @Ed @Old_WannaBe @Bassdacious @Al1885 @Paul_9207 @dlamson13 @kristine @RoyB @robbp @mpops1990
It’ll only let me tag a max of 20 of you!!

25 Likes

Damn perfect as I can tell @Barney
Great funky groove you got there, great tone, well done.

5 Likes

Love it @Vegaswizzle! Sounds great, very cool close-ups on the fingerwork too. Tricky rhythms for sure, the way you gotta dance around the beats and those sweet jazzy runs, so nice.

That’s the best, when you reach for something and eventually get there, great job!

2 Likes