Post your covers! (2019-2022)

don’t know. I believe Mass Effect Andromeda has not been a big commercial success even if it’s a great game in my opinion. don’t know if there will be another Mass Effect game ! I never played the Old Republic games but I see exactly what it is.

Sadly I think Bioware is probably toast. Anthem is failing hard, SWTOR is down to a trickle of new content and a few die-hards still sticking around, and… that’s it, really. That’s all they currently have. We’ll see what they can come up with in the next year. They apparently have a game in the works for “one of their most prestigious franchises”, which means Dragon Age, Star Wars (Old Republic), or Mass Effect.

I highly doubt it’s Mass Effect , considering the loooong waiting time for Andromeda. maybe Dragon Age …

1 Like

I love it.
Nice work, sir.
The walking is great, the additional rhythm and notes doesn’t take away from the tune, and it’s all stylistically right there.

DM3 have added a drummer for their latest records and tours… it’s kinda funny. You can barely pick out the drum pattern because the guitars (or banjo) sounds are so percussive and so heavy in the mix.

Lucia is their bassist, and she rules, and started playing with the band having no previous experience playing. Their early shows - even though it was just the 3 of them - were rowdy, heavy punk-feeling shows. People would mosh, go absolutely nuts. That’s their energy. Gutsy, punk, dark vibes for days.
So glad you like it, and great job on the cover.

2 Likes

thank you @Gio !

yeah it seems to be a very interesting band, I did not listen to everything for now but I plan to do so :grin: the kind of band where there is some kind of magic, an alchemy, something that just make everything work together perfectly well. so cool.

2 Likes

Sludge someone ?

Black Tomb - Under The Pine

I love this band, it’s so … sludge ! even in the extreme side of the sludge/doom/death blend. Their album is a masterpiece, really essential for every sludge fan.

About the cover and my bass playing, I’m using the unfinished Jim Harley P-thing, tuned in BEAD. The stock pickup is really agressive, really nasty in the high mids, so I chose to play with the alternate plucking technique, which is very unusual for me especially when I play in the rock/metal territory (= almost all the time). I didn’t wanted a clicky tone for this particular song, and the bare fingers allow me to pull the bass line to a more deep and dark flavor. Also I lowered the treble on the preamp (compared to my standard rock/metal tone) for this same purpose.

About this nasty high-mids, I find it’s interesting but it’s just too much. I’ll try to compensate with the electronics, I have to think about it.

I kinda like this cheap bass. The plywood body brings a very particular dynamic to the instrument : the sustain is a bit muted, and the attacks are a kind of dark and dull massive punch. it reminds a bit the use of the famous block foam. pretty “vintage” in fact (talking about the dynamic behavior, not the pickup tone), and it happens to work pretty well for doom/sludge in my opinion ; so, perfect for those BEAD things. Also the neck is really huge, even much bigger than the one on my Fender Precision. It would not be very suitable for fast playing, but I like this big half-trunk for playing slow and deep lines, which again matches pretty well with the various BEAD things I could want to play.

5 Likes

I just found back two notes I wrote for two covers I’ve made previously. that’s tablatures written in my very own and very compact language (there are the two full songs here), the Awooga song is kinda interesting because there is really the whole structure written. I though it could be funny to share this hieroglyph with you.

just for fun obviously !

:v::grin:

6 Likes

Nice work @terb, not that I understand it.

3 Likes

Here is one of mine @terb

Hope you like it

2 Likes

And another

Great song by a very underrated band.

3 Likes

looks much cleaner than what I do :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

@TNKA36 - I tried to practice reading and there are a few symbols I don’t know, but what I really am wondering about is that “To CODA”.
Is this just because you already written the solo in the sheet and it continues at “CODA” after the repitition? When do you play the solo?

3 Likes

I still listen to “Still In Hollywood” pretty often :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @juli0r,
You play through the verse and the chorus twice then play the solo and where it has the d: S al coda written below the coda you go back up and play 8 bars and then chorus again through to coda and then drop down to last 4 bars to end.
If you listen to the original recording you can follow it pretty easy.
Did you try the other song Green Limousine by the Badloves ?
All my songs were written by my old music teacher who was the bass player in the Badloves.
He wrote and played it on the album, if you like it the album is called “ get on board”.
He has a nice melodic style.
He has played with artists here in Australia like
Joe Camaleri and the black sorrows, Daryl Braithwaite, Weddings parties anything, and a great female artist named Cyndi Boste. The album he plays on with her is called foothill dandy and I have a lot of those songs charted.
If you listen to her stuff and like it I can send you some of her charted songs.
Cheers

3 Likes

Hi @howard,
I love concrete blonde, johnette is awesome.
Have seen them live twice once at Henry Fonda theatre in LA and once in Melbourne.
I have quite a few of their songs charted, if you can read music I can send you some.
I don’t have still in Hollywood ?
Dance along the edge, sun, scene of the perfect crime, hey coyote to name a few.
Cheers

3 Likes

Hi @terb,
I wish I could write as good as that.
The chart was done by my old music teacher.
It looks like artwork, I love the way he writes the charts.
Cheers

1 Like

Hi @juli0r,
Here are the music terminology for d s al coda

4 Likes

Good info to keep the meaning fresh, cuz I know it’s something I would forget next month
Thanks @TNKA36

2 Likes

It’s my favorite song of theirs, linked it here:

2 Likes

Hi @howard,
Where are you in the world?
Cheers

2 Likes