Post your covers! (2019-2022)

ありがとうございます!

I just updated the video link with some better vocaloid timing.

7 Likes

That’s really cool @howard. It’s very apparent how passionate you are about sound engineering.

8 Likes

Damn @howard!! Can’t say that I’m much of a fan of electric type music (my age I guess), but I do have to commend you on your engineering and mixing skills and abilities!! Supurb! Yes, maybe a few points that were already mentioned, but not that noticeable to someone such as myself who is far less educated on the fine points of electronic type sounds… The song did kinda give me the feeling that I was aboard a futuristic ride at Disney World though… :laughing:

My only comment/critique…

I suppose I would have enjoyed hearing a little more bass?? :rofl: :rofl:

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

7 Likes

Hah! I could have mixed it louder maybe? The bass was playing for everything except the first few and last few bars :slight_smile:

But yeah, there’s a lot more going on in that song and it’s primarily electronic music first.

Thanks for the kind words there!

6 Likes

hey @howard , this full cover is really impressive ! :astonished:

I didn’t knew this song, I’m just looking at the live video, and I really like it. I must say that an industrial metal version is playing right now in my head :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

your interpretation with the vocoder is great, everything works really well in a very consistent way.

congrats my friend, I’m impressed !

7 Likes

Thank you!

BTW I can help you out with the industrial metal version :slight_smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4IKA5lb7r4

This has been covered a lot. The Foo Fighters covered it too.

6 Likes

crazy, I don’t remember this MM cover !

5 Likes

I totally didn’t remember the Foo Fighters one either. And it’s on The Colour and the Shape!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30DMi866ThM

But just on the reissue it turns out.

I actually lifted the bassline style from the Foo’s version for my cover.

6 Likes

This piece kills me cause its really tough to keep it tight and groovy and i´m not finished with it yet

BlackVelvet

5 Likes

I’d give it a listen, but the link doesn’t appear to be working for me @bernds64… All I get is an empty blank page when I click on the link…

3 Likes

I get nothing either @bernds64
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Yep +3 for a no show.

2 Likes

Sorry for that.
Would you give it another try please?

BlackVelvet

6 Likes

your cover sounds good to me ! your groove is quite tight and accurate in my opinion, this kind of shuffle is not so easy

there is a thread for partial covers and work in progress : Post your practice fragments!
but I think that your record belongs here, on the “real covers” thread :grin:

congrats !

6 Likes

Got it now @bernds64,
You have a nice tone, your attack was nice and solid shuffles take some real concentration, very smooth, well done.
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Hey Laurent @terb,
Amazing how close our responses are to the cover👍
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Thank you @terb and @TNKA36 for your replies. Appreciate that a lot

6 Likes

you’re very welcome :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Ooh very groovy. The backing track still sounds good too, good work removing the bass.

9 Likes

Awesome cover @bernds64
Very nicely done :+1:

6 Likes