Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Not working for me.

4 Likes

Just had another look @JerryP and it’s no longer working for me either.
I’m sure @bernds64 will get it sorted and trust me it’s worth the wait. A very solid cover

6 Likes

Thanx @Mac for the info and your kindness
Funny, but i hope this will work instead (if not, i give up)

https://www.boogiemasters.com/musik

5 Likes

Very well done @bernds64! Your tone and groove match the song well, and was also very well mixed. Timing along with a dark mysterious tone on a song such as this is very important in order to accentuate the feel and essence of the vocals which draw the listener in - something sort of “magical and mysterious” that takes place between the vocalist and the bassist that makes this one work… Very well done!

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

8 Likes

I got the link to work and it was well worth the wait. Great Job @bernds64 I agree with everything @Lanny said previously. Professional sounding all the way.
What’s next? :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Howdy brothers and sisters! I hope everyone is safe and well.

My latest effort. I probably should not post this as I butchered it, but what the hell.

I will slow it down, break it down (bar by bar - especially the A to C to C# (slide) to A notes) until I master this song.

Lastly, HOLY CRAP I never realized how fast this song is! Whether you are a ZZ Top or Dusty Hill fan, he makes it look effortless.

https://youtu.be/AKJwx4pqRsQ

17 Likes

Hey JD. @JDDaniel,
I can see you dig the song👍
Nice tone from the new family member😎
Your finger alternating is really improving, and when you say you butchered it, it wasn’t that bad, sure there are areas you can improve, we all have those.
Most importantly is the fact that your prepared to put yourself out there regardless, this demonstrates that you yourself know your improving, and I can see that👍
Can’t wait to see you repost it when you have nailed it 100%, keep up the good work and thanks for sharing.
Cheers Brian

7 Likes

Good job @JDDaniel! I know what you mean about realizing the timing and nuances in a particular song when trying to play it is so much different than just listening to it. Keep up the good work! :+1:

7 Likes

Great work @JDDaniel, gotta love some ZZ Top and you can tell how much you’re loving the song! Keep on rocking!

7 Likes

Great job @JDDaniel, but unfortunately you failed from the start by not wearing sunglasses during a ZZ Top cover! :dark_sunglasses: I really enjoy playing Jesus Just Left Chicago as my go to ZZ Top song, but you can never go wrong with La Grange. Great work, and thanks for posting! If everyone waited for perfection before being willing to post, this thread wouldn’t have any music in it.

10 Likes

@JDDaniel - You my friend are not only a BADASS bass player, you are also a BADASS Inspiration to every one of us here who have the nuts to post our creations for the world to see and hear! You JD should be this thread’s “Poster Boy”!! You have more determination and moxie in your two plucking fingers than most bassists have in both hands combined… Not just that, you have also improved over time and you are getting better the more you play. I love watching and listening to you play because it brings me back to a place I use to be when I started making music, and it also brings me to the place where my kids and now my grandkids were when they started making music. I LOVE IT!!

Sometimes people judge the quality of the music strictly by the sounds they hear… Because of that, many miss the true essence of music by ignoring the one most important ingredient - the passion of the musician… You have that passion - THAT my friend is what you just posted here GREAT! Don’t ever give up!

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

11 Likes

Nice work! Love the P-bass tone for that one. Classic song choice too :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Well put @Lanny . What matters is what you put in to it - because that’s what you’ll get out of it.

7 Likes

Hey B2Bers, I’m just wondering if posting other people’s music here with us playing bass over it has any copyright issues…?

3 Likes

I had my version of Wind of Change blocked by Soundcloud so some sites are pretty keen on the copyright thing.
I do sort of get it but as I’m sure none of us here are going to make millions from a cover and many of us do support the artists via music sales , memorabilia etc it does seem a little harsh.

4 Likes

Nice cover of LaGrange @JDDaniel

6 Likes

Awesome job, you seem a little stiff, This is one of my favorite simple songs to play, and once you get it down pat you will love it as a warm up. Definitely a great cover and I recommend trying to loosen up before you play with some hand stretches to help you mellow out. you would be amazed what it can do for your tone. Keep going and you will be amazed at what’s possible.

On a side note I’m not trying to say la grange is simple or an easy song by any means, but once you move onto more complicated stuff it feels way more simple than it is, and I personally find myself throwing some flare notes into it since it follows pretty closely to a three chord country shape.

7 Likes

So I recently re worked my Peavey Fury 6 string bass, and after finishing it i decided to switch out my steel round wounds for LaBella deep talkin bass nylon Tape wounds. And before doing so i recorded a Cover with the steel round wounds vs the tape wounds. and here are the results. I guess this could go in other threads but its both a Cover, and a comparison of strings. So enjoy. :+1: :rofl:

10 Likes

Good comparison @Mao. Personally, I like the flat wounds.

6 Likes

Nice covers @Mao,
I like the tone of the tape wounds better.
Cheers Brian

5 Likes