Post your covers! (2019-2022)

What better way of celebrating the acquisition of my new amp head and cab than with a new cover.

Moon Dance is older than most of the members here, but it remains a favorite among blues / jazz fans. The hardest part for me was staying in the groove for four and a half minutes; particularly during the piano and sax solos.
Jazz is a strange animal.
I suppose I could have done better over time, but I didn’t want to devote too much of my practice time on it.

Yamaha BB735
LaBella Deep Talking Bass flats
No pedals

https://pampurrs.com/pam_s_music/moondance

12 Likes

Excellent!!! Another favorite of mine since I am older than the song. Ha!
Where/How did you get the music for the song?
:+1: :+1:

4 Likes

I purchase the songs I want to play from Amazon. They’re usually only a couple dollars. I then remove the bass with Izotope RX8 and take it from there.

3 Likes

Great song, great cover! Lots to memorize on that one. I like the animated moon haha.

Most of my favorite songs are older than me :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

@JerryP did you mean where do I get the music sheet for the song, or the song itself?

1 Like

Thank you @bjams

1 Like

Yes, did you buy the sheet music or transcribe it?

1 Like

I got the chord sheet from Chordify and created my own bassline from it using Crescendo.

3 Likes

To be clear, I often transcribe the bass line, but this song seemed to require I create my own.

2 Likes

Looks like it was an ARP Quadra with maybe a Sequential Prophet-5.

2 Likes

Are you pleased with Chordify? I was thinking about using it.

2 Likes

@JerryP quite a lot of info about Chordify to be found here:

4 Likes

great cover @PamPurrs ! very well played, nice mix, very appropriate tone and again you pushed the limits of the video production on this threads ! :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Don’t be hard on yourself, that came out really well!

5 Likes

Great cover @PamPurrs

I knew the song too ! Does that mean I’m getting old :scream:

4 Likes

I like it, but I wish it had a bass clef option. It does serve well though, just to get to know where all the changes are in a song.

2 Likes

Thank you @howard. We are always our own harshest critic, aren’t we?

1 Like

Thank you @terb

2 Likes

Oh absolutely

2 Likes

Great cover @PamPurrs, really relaxed vibe and playing there! Enjoyed it​:smile::smile:

4 Likes