Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Thank you @Ben

2 Likes

Those last covers by @terb and @PamPurrs are a hard act to follow, but Iā€™ll throw my latest cover up anyway. Itā€™s a bit simple but a couple of new things for me: using the short scale Hofner Ignition and playing with a pick. Comments welcomed.

14 Likes

Very nice @JerryPā€¦ great job on one of my favorite Beatles tunes! How are you liking that Hofner?

Just one thing I noted, there is very little sustain when you pluck. Is that a Hofner thing, or is it the strings? Very good job on the tune though, and you stayed right in the groove.

3 Likes

thatā€™s a very nice cover again @JerryP ! great song and you played it well, congrats !

4 Likes

Thank you Pam. Yeah, I noticed it (sustain) after recording it. I was trying to get that ā€œMaccaā€ feel to the song and I guess I over did it.
As far as the Hofner, itā€™s OK maybe Iā€™m not used to it yet and Iā€™m still working on just the right tone Iā€™m looking for.
Thanks again for listening.

3 Likes

Thank you Laurent. Iā€™m glad you liked it.

4 Likes

Anyone here have the bass cover of The width of a circle - David Bowie? im in love with that bass line and i usually learn from a video but when i search it on youtube there is no result, thank you.

3 Likes

I redid the video of Saraā€™s birthday.
Keep in mind this is just for fun. Itā€™s more zany than artistic. I played the first segment with a pick on my fretless bass, which was a mistakeā€¦ I can play it much cleaner with finger plucking. The second segment was on the EUB, on which I had very little experience, especially with the bow. But I donā€™t mind making fun of myself.
Take it for what itā€™s worth. Just for fun.
(There is no sound at the beginning. Youā€™ll understand why as you watch)
https://pampurrs.com/pam_s_music/happy-birthday/

8 Likes

I hope this will work.
Sorry i canĀ“t offer a video, i will try in the future :slight_smile:

Georgy

6 Likes

Excellent cover. The song opens up every so often to expose the bass, which is a nice way of seeing just how confident you are.

2 Likes

youā€™re welcome if you want to, but video covers are not mandatory ! an audio track is fine. Your cover is well done, very groovy playing with a lot of nice accents, congrats !

4 Likes

Yep, a damn fine job there @bernds64

3 Likes

thank you @terb and @Mac very kind

6 Likes

Well done, sounds great!

6 Likes

thanx @howard appreciate that

6 Likes

Great song @bernds64,
Toto were a great bandšŸ‘
I bet Boz Scaggs was sad to see them move on and do their own thing.
Nice coveršŸ˜Ž
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Nice cover @JerryP,
Good effort on using a pick, thatā€™s something different, provides for a completely different sound.
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

Nice cover Pam @PamPurrs,
Another really nice production, Van Morrisonā€™s music is iconic.
Enjoyed it :sunglasses:
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Another nice grungy cover @terb, if you say the pick ups where playing up, they fitted in well with the style of musicšŸ˜Ž
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Thanks Brian. When I do my covers I try to do something new as part of the learning process. The pick and the short scale was this coverā€™s ā€œlessonā€.
Thanks again for the kind words.

5 Likes