Post your covers!

Thank you @Ben

2 Likes

Those last covers by @terb and @PamPurrs are a hard act to follow, but I’ll throw my latest cover up anyway. It’s a bit simple but a couple of new things for me: using the short scale Hofner Ignition and playing with a pick. Comments welcomed.

10 Likes

Very nice @JerryP… great job on one of my favorite Beatles tunes! How are you liking that Hofner?

Just one thing I noted, there is very little sustain when you pluck. Is that a Hofner thing, or is it the strings? Very good job on the tune though, and you stayed right in the groove.

2 Likes

that’s a very nice cover again @JerryP ! great song and you played it well, congrats !

3 Likes

Thank you Pam. Yeah, I noticed it (sustain) after recording it. I was trying to get that “Macca” feel to the song and I guess I over did it.
As far as the Hofner, it’s OK maybe I’m not used to it yet and I’m still working on just the right tone I’m looking for.
Thanks again for listening.

2 Likes

Thank you Laurent. I’m glad you liked it.

3 Likes

Anyone here have the bass cover of The width of a circle - David Bowie? im in love with that bass line and i usually learn from a video but when i search it on youtube there is no result, thank you.

2 Likes

I redid the video of Sara’s birthday.
Keep in mind this is just for fun. It’s more zany than artistic. I played the first segment with a pick on my fretless bass, which was a mistake… I can play it much cleaner with finger plucking. The second segment was on the EUB, on which I had very little experience, especially with the bow. But I don’t mind making fun of myself.
Take it for what it’s worth. Just for fun.
(There is no sound at the beginning. You’ll understand why as you watch)
https://pampurrs.com/pam_s_music/happy-birthday/

7 Likes

I hope this will work.
Sorry i can´t offer a video, i will try in the future :slight_smile:

Georgy

5 Likes

Excellent cover. The song opens up every so often to expose the bass, which is a nice way of seeing just how confident you are.

2 Likes

you’re welcome if you want to, but video covers are not mandatory ! an audio track is fine. Your cover is well done, very groovy playing with a lot of nice accents, congrats !

3 Likes

Yep, a damn fine job there @bernds64

2 Likes

thank you @terb and @mac very kind

5 Likes

Well done, sounds great!

5 Likes

thanx @howard appreciate that

5 Likes

Great song @bernds64,
Toto were a great band👍
I bet Boz Scaggs was sad to see them move on and do their own thing.
Nice cover😎
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Nice cover @JerryP,
Good effort on using a pick, that’s something different, provides for a completely different sound.
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Nice cover Pam @PamPurrs,
Another really nice production, Van Morrison’s music is iconic.
Enjoyed it :sunglasses:
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Another nice grungy cover @terb, if you say the pick ups where playing up, they fitted in well with the style of music😎
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Thanks Brian. When I do my covers I try to do something new as part of the learning process. The pick and the short scale was this cover’s “lesson”.
Thanks again for the kind words.

4 Likes