Post your covers! (2019-2022)

I agree @admacdo, Melbourne is the best city in Australia, and all the other Capital cities are really nice aswell.
Sydney has the Opera House and the Coathanger which has always been the draw card, and I agree with getting around Sydney being a pain in the arsešŸ‘
I steer well clear of it, even the Cumberland highway in a semi is a nightmare, at least now they have the ring road to get you from Campbelltown through to HornsbyšŸ‘
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

I transcribed it in Crescendo and can convert it to PDF if you want it. Iā€™m happy to share it.

Yes Iā€™m aware of that story. Unfortunately, Greg Ham (the flautist) died of an overdose and many people believe it was an indirect result of his despondence over being accused of plagiarizing that song.

4 Likes

Thank you for the feedback, @wave, @PamPurrs, @howard, @LesterH, @JerryP, @terb,
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Very well done, @PamPurrs - insanely clean production and smooth playing!! (One small thing: did the bass drop out there towards the end?? Maybe I heard wrongā€¦)

I have yet to make it to Australiaā€¦ might have to wait until I retire :crazy_face: I have friends there (old friends who moved there and fellow scientists whom I have known for a while). Andā€¦ our Crown Princess is from Tasmania, no less!! Alas, itā€™s such a long journey to get thereā€¦ Ah, you surely ignited the travel fire again, which I thought Covid had suffocated for good :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

Thank you @joergkutter! I may have faded the bass too soon in post, Iā€™ll look into it. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

5 Likes

Great cover Pam. I was in Sydney in 1969 too. I was only a year old though :wink:

5 Likes

OMG was that you in that stroller?!? What a small world!

6 Likes

Hey, you never know!

5 Likes

Nice cover Pam! Never get tired of hearing that song and you did it perfectly.

4 Likes

Great job @PamPurrs always kicking it up a notch visually and with your playing.

5 Likes

Thank you @LesterH

5 Likes

Great cover Pam, always nice to cover a song that has real personal meaning.

5 Likes

A wonderful story, baseline and video Pam. Iā€™m so glad you did this for us. Thank you, it means a lot. I lived in Sydney at the same time as your visit. A very different world compared to today. As a great song from an iconic Aussie band. I saw Men at Work in Wollongong in the late 70s. Thanks again, enjoy and peace ian

5 Likes

Thank you @leonard

4 Likes

Thank you @ian.cossart1

4 Likes

Great job as usual Pam. Touching story to go along with it. And of course the video production is excellent.
Once question for all those who post covers here: How do you all play without looking at the music? Photographic memory? Ginko Baloba overdose?
Again, great job Pam!

4 Likes

Pam, your video skills are so charming. I was smiling through that one the whole way. Loved your old pictures too.

Great song choice!

4 Likes

Thank you so much @JerryP, your opinion is valuable to me.

I memorize the song in doses, sections at a time. Practice over and over again and eventually the whole thing sinks into my brain. The lyrics become queues for me so I know where I have to go next. Itā€™s hard to explain, but this is the best I can do.

5 Likes

Thank you @howard

4 Likes

Great job @PamPurrs and as usual, awesome video.

5 Likes