Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Very nice @terb. I’m not a fan of slapping, but you did well at it.

6 Likes

Nice one, I can imagine slap with sludgecore.
:+1:

5 Likes

This should be THE song used to teach slap! awesome

5 Likes

I’m sure there are a lot of easier songs to learn slap :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

That was really well put together! You seem pretty comfortable slapping @terb

3 Likes

Very nice Laurent @terb,
Love the sound and for your first slap cover you did an awesome job, great tone and production,
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Here’s another rough-as-sandpaper Drums + Bass cover video.

This time with three songs:

• Ever Fallen in Love (The Buzzcocks) - Punk;
  • All My Loving (The Beatles) - Pop;
  • Burning Beard (Clutch) - Hard Rock.

So, something for all the family. Maybe.

Drums recorded in one take (a few niggly errors, but nothing massive, so I left it ‘as-is’). The bass was also going to be in one take, but my playing wasn’t quite up to it.

Gear: Serek Midwestern 2 short-scale used on first two songs; Warwick Streamer LX on the last song (as it needed a drop tuning and the shorty was too muddy); Crush drums, Meinl cymbals; Audix mics, ART Tubeopto 8 preamps; RME Fireface UC and Reaper plus a couple of plugins.

Had to use Vimeo for the first time ever because YT would not allow the middle song to go anywhere, and this rookie has no idea how to get HD output. The audio is fine tho’ (what else matters?)

Anyway, hope you enjoy.

17 Likes

That was really great, @sfadams . . . :+1: (both playing and video technical skills)

THIS rookie has no idea how to make, edit or post videos, so you’re light years ahead of me! :grin:

Cheers
Joe

6 Likes

Just utter bloody fantastic @sfadams

6 Likes

Sweet! Love the Buzzcocks. Pete Shelley was a genius, and that’s a song I still listen to weekly at minimum.

You killed it on both the bass and drums there - especially the drums!

5 Likes

Great job. So glad I don’t have rooms for a drum addiction too. HAHAHAH

5 Likes

Very good @sfadams

4 Likes

Very talented young man doing a cover of Jaco :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks @Jazzbass19, @Mac, @howard, @John_E and @PamPurrs for all your kind words. Glad you enjoyed the covers.

7 Likes

it’s a great triple-cover @sfadams ! looked like those live-at-home things recorded since the begining of the covid era.

also I really like Clutch, by the way I’ve seen them playing live for real, before the covid era … :grin:

6 Likes

Thanks @terb. I like them too. I played (drums) for a quite long while in a covers band where pretty much the only three acts we covered were Clutch, Rival Sons and Royal Blood. Great fun.

6 Likes

Outstanding performance @sfadams! Really enjoyed it!
:+1:

4 Likes

Many thanks @JerryP - glad you enjoyed it!

3 Likes

Great covers @sfadams,
You did an awesome job on all 3 songs,:sunglasses:
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

@TNKA36 Many thanks Brian. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes