Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Tonight I gave Billie Jean a try.
Based on Nate Navarro’s interpretation.
This will probably be my last cover for a while.

https://youtu.be/BFmrc8tOMsQ

11 Likes

Nice job, sounded like your timing was on for the parts I checked out, overall sounded good to me. Not the easiest cover for sure.

I was going to ask about that! I liked the changes, actually. I think they sounded more interesting with the different note on the eighth.

5 Likes

Nice job @RuknRole ,
Great tone from the bass,
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Top job @TNKA36 - beautiful tone and your timing is spot on. You can tell you’re really feeling that song. He’s got such a great bluesy feel about his music. :facepunch:

3 Likes

Bloody brilliant. That avatar is just the bomb. Well done, I’ll miss your covers.

3 Likes

Fantastic @RuknRole just an awesome job

4 Likes

Thanks @Bassdacious ,
Yes I am really enjoying covering Chris Isaak’s songs,
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Nice job @JDDaniel. I just noticed this ZZ Top cover you did nearly a year ago and enjoyed listening to it. Timing was off in places but overall a splendid job.
I’m sure now that 11 months have passed, you have improved significantly.

2 Likes

Good job @RuknRole

3 Likes

Great job @RuknRole ! Perfect tone on the bass. Great!
:+1:

3 Likes

I’ve had the Hofner (Beatle Bass) for six months and have yet do do a Beatles cover. It’s time I did one!
I chose this song because it is one of my favorites, and it brings back some great teenage memories (I was 16 when this song came out).
My latest cover:
Nowhere Man by the Beatles
122 BPM
Key of E
Hofner Ignition
LaBella Flats
As always, song facts are on my site for those interested.
Nowhere Man - (pampurrs.com)

13 Likes

Sounded really great, Pam @PamPurrs . . . :slight_smile:

Very nicely played!

Cheers
Joe

3 Likes

Thank you Joe @Jazzbass19

3 Likes

Strap looks like it weighs more than the bass. Nice job

3 Likes

Thank you. I use the 4.5 inch leather straps on all my basses, but particularly on the Hofner because it stays put on my shoulder. The Hofner is notorious for neck dive because the body is so light.

2 Likes

Great Job PAM MCCARTNEY!!
@PamPurrs seriously great, some fancy finger work here for sure!
Good job capturing the old Hofner tone of Macca too.
Certainly worth the wait.
Now I really have to get my act together and get past my cover I’ve been stuck on, thanks for the motivation.

This made my otherwise miserable Friday workday much much better!!!
Listened twice already!

3 Likes

Thank you @John_E . I have to say, this was the most difficult cover I have done yet. It’s a finger twister that makes Billie Jean look like child’s play.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone!
Interesting comment I found about Billie Jean, and trying to figure out THE “correct” way of playing it.

6 Likes

That just goes to show everyone what really goes on when recording. It’s not always one perfect take, in fact that seldom happens. For the most part, the final product is a crazy quilt of parts and pieces of many takes stitched together.

4 Likes

Good job @PamPurrs! Your playing style looks like an upright player’s.

3 Likes