Cheers Brian

1 Like

Thank you Brian!

Nicely played @JerryP

1 Like

Thank you @Mac !

1 Like

Militarie Gun - All Roads Lead To The Gun

Here is a cover of a recent release. This version is the one played during the Audiotree Live, november 8th. It reminds me of Fugazi.

I decided to use this song for a gear test. My goal was to record a saturated bass track without anything else than the Bass POD Pro, which means that I had to deal with the (very few and very basic) embedded overdrive models. I chose the Big Muff model but itā€™s very limited as there is only one pot to control it ; something like a ā€œless/moreā€ setting. I think it works not so bad, and I could even consider using this tone if I donā€™t want to carry a pedalboard for a rehersal or something. It would sound the same with a bean Bass POD, which would be a very compact option. If someone is interrested by this kind of exercise, I must add that a Bass POD (Pro or bean) is not the absolute best choice : a POD X3 would have been way more capable in the same context.

12 Likes

Good job @terb. Iā€™m not familiar with that band, but I did enjoy listening to you play it.

3 Likes

Nice! I think the OD worked well. It doesnā€™t sound a lot like a Big Muff - a lot less extreme - but it sounds good regardless.

I agree, they sound very Fugazi. Especially the vocals.

4 Likes

the effect amount pot was set to about 4/10 here. it can be much more extreme ! but then it sounds less natural IMO, and itā€™s not very useable in the context of a mix with others instruments.

2 Likes

Great job and you played it effortlessly @terb !
Love the tone.
Sure does remind of Fugazi.

4 Likes

I think it sounded great at that setting! Actually maybe better than a Muff would have with the same levels for what you were doing with itā€¦

By ā€œless extremeā€ I meant kind of lacking all the extra harmonics a muff would have mixed in with the OD. I think for that song the POD worked out better than a muff would have. I love the Big Muff but it wouldnā€™t be my first choice for a pure overdrive/distortion.

(it is my first choice for fuzz though :rofl: )

2 Likes

anyway there is not many choices when you look at saturation models on a 1st-gen Bass POD :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Nice job Laurent @terb ,
Greenie still sounds really cool, :+1:
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

Very well done Laurent! Iā€™m not familiar with the band or the song but you played it well.
:+1:

2 Likes
14 Likes

Nice work! Great mellow groove you had going.

4 Likes

since we didnā€™t have Bill on guitar I felt like I had to do something to fill up the songā€¦and I got to play chordsā€¦LOL

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a nice crunchy tone. Great muting technique. I gotta learn how to use the pick, lol.

3 Likes

Nice job Larry! Where was that performed?

2 Likes

great, live covers are not common on this thread :slight_smile:

5 Likes