Post your covers! (2019-2022)

I can almost smell the pine trees :slight_smile:

Great looking bass, and great cover :+1:

3 Likes

Another GREAT cove my friendā€¦ Love that you were able to get outdoors and enjoy a little sunshineā€¦ One;y questionā€¦ Whereā€™s the ā€œStraw Hatā€?..:slightly_smiling_face::smile:

I AM loving the tones, and your use of the pick on bass is something that I wish I could bo better, but I find that my finger style is more suitable (and something Iā€™m a bit more use to) for me - but the attack and tones you get from the pick for your style really pay tribute to the piece.

3 Likes

Wait seriously itā€™s polo shirt weather in France right now? It was 1C here yesterday, up to a balmy 10C now :slight_smile:

1 Like

the temperature changes greatly from one day to another. yesterday when I was recording, it was more than 20Ā°C ! today itā€™s about 10Ā°C (still very warm for february !). the weather is crazy. hard to pretend there is no global warming ā€¦

2 Likes

Yep, no snow this winter here. Summerā€™s gonna be hell this year. Just in time for the Olympics :slight_smile:

Seriously it will likely be 40C and 99% humidity here during the Olympics. Thatā€™s gonna suck.

2 Likes

And I thought Norfolk, Virginia was hot and humid . . . :astonished:

2 Likes

Well, here goes nothingā€¦I finished the course a few weeks ago and have been trying to hone the little skill I have. Look forward to hearing your comments. I only recorded the first part of the song since it is over 7 minutes long. Donā€™t have the tech to remove the bass partā€¦
Fatherā€™s Song video

9 Likes

Sounds and looks really good. Itā€™s good that you arenā€™t looking at every note you play and are having a bit of a dance as well. Can tell you are enjoying it. The only thing I noticed (if Iā€™m really scrutinizing) is that one low note (third fret?) you are playing at the end of a riff, sounds a bit muddy, but I suspect this might be the recording method rather than you doing anything wrong. Or it could be the way it is supposed to sound. Iā€™m not an expert at that song. Really well done though! Keep them coming!

3 Likes

yeah @allanlamonte you did pretty well ! you have a very nice warm bass tone, very appropriate, and your playing is pretty clean. thatā€™s great ! also itā€™s always very cool to make a cover on video, I find it adds some human link to the record. very well done !

maybe you could try the full lenght 7 min challenge in the future :grin:

3 Likes

That was great @allanlamonte. I hope I sound as cool as that when I finally get good enough (in my mind) to do a video. Iā€™m working on it.

4 Likes

@JT Thanks so much. I noticed the muddiness when I listened to it, but I didnā€™t want to redo it AGAIN! LOL

@terb I appreciate the kind words. I have enjoyed watching all of the videos on this thread and they are what got me fired up to make one of my own. I have done the 7 minute version, but I didnā€™t want to put anyone to sleep!

@JerryP YOU CAN DO IT!!! What have you got to lose?

5 Likes

oooooh I would have watched it until the end ! donā€™t hesitate to share if you already recorded it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Great job, the beginning sounded like Rikki Donā€™t Lose That Number.

2 Likes

@terb I think it would be more of aā€¦having trouble falling asleep? I have the perfect thing!

@jazmo1999. Thanks much and Oh man! Now I have another song to add to my ā€œmust learnā€ list. :+1:

1 Like

Good job @allanlamonte! The tone from your bass is really nice, and your timing is great! Iā€™m loving that you did your cover to a video - really helps to put a human aspect into the cover. Congrats on your first B2B cover video! Looking forward to hearing/seeing more!!

3 Likes

BTW, whatā€™s on your nut? Looks like a mute or a capo or something?

Also, nice hat! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Fretwraps, @JT - we have been talking about them a couple of times in here; probably in several threads, so if you use the search function, I am sure you can un-earth all our ā€œdeliberationsā€ on the subject.
And then there is always Julia: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F59yjTovSsk

5 Likes

Very nice, @allanlamonte . . . :slight_smile:

Also left you a thumbs up on the Tube :+1:

Cheers, Joe

4 Likes

Thanks so much @Lanny. I appreciate the kind words. I plan on doing moreā€¦however, unfortunately this is the only song I feel confident enough to do right nowā€¦my next hope is to conquer Donā€™t Stop Believinā€™ in its entiretyā€¦may be a whileā€¦

LOLā€¦I donā€™t think I have ever been asked ā€œwhatā€™s on your nut?ā€ before @JT I think the fretwraps are pretty cool for some situationsā€¦I usually keep it above the nut as I want to develop good technique. I do like my hat too! Got it at GCā€¦I thinkā€¦

Thanks @joergkutterā€¦I had to spend the next hour watching Julia videos after following your link. Oh so nice to watchā€¦canā€™t place the accent thoughā€¦

Thanks @Jazzbass19!

5 Likes

I believe sheā€™s German

4 Likes