Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Well, erh, ran into one or two roadblocks!?!?

However, if you check my post from Jan 4 in this very thread, you’ll find that I kinda kept my promise :grin:

3 Likes

If you had an ESP 6-string you could do it

3 Likes

Sure :grin:

I am actually leaning more towards the Harley Benton… not quite as “metally” :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Well you don’t need to use it to play metal :slight_smile:

ESP makes really nice instruments.

6 Likes

They do make great guitars. And people seem to think they are mainly for metal, but that is definitely not true. I came VERY close to buying a ESP E-II BTL-4. It ticked all the boxes for me except that I wanted a passive bass ultimately.

3 Likes

Very nice find - I could totally go for stuff like this!

And, yes, they do! But, let’s take that back over to the 6-string thread :smile:

1 Like

Been a busy week but I was still able to finish the song that I posted the notes for on another thread. Since I covered the original recording from 1985 (complete with the verse 2 controversy), and since that recording was over 8 minutes long, I decided to simply link the cover to my website from here. Be warned that the cover is almost 100mb, so if you have marginal internet, you might run into some buffering issues.

“Money for Nothing”

6 Likes

Great cover @terb! Great attack, and for playing the song with your rebuilt bass makes it even better! Live the sunglasses and sports coat… Where’s the long beard???:rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Great job again Lanny! Must have been quite an experience to transcribe and cover. I’ve not done that yet.

2 Likes

I’ve had the idea to get a fake beard, then I said to myself that this thing is going too far :joy:

1 Like

Not too familiar with ZZ Top, but one of them doesn’t have a long beard, right!?!

2 Likes

the drummer. he doesn’t really counts as a musician :rofl:

4 Likes

He’s also the one named Frank Beard :slight_smile:

3 Likes

true. so, in fact, it counts a little bit.

2 Likes

yeah @Lanny , that’s so cool ! I remember when I was a kid (I was born in 1980) listening to this album with my father. Great memories, this has been some kind of important step in my musical journey. Later he gave me all his vinyl discs and I still have them, including this original edition of Brothers In Arms. I still have also his old Technics turntable by the way.

Also I note that your video editing skill is getting always better ! I love the idea of showing the album’s picture during the intro ! it’s way more interesting than showing a bass player doing nothing … might steal this idea … :grin:

Anyway that’s really an excellent cover @Lanny , I don’t know if the Ibanez suits you particularly well or what but, yeah, it’s great from A to Z ! nice groove, love it !

4 Likes

If it’s an SL1200 there hasn’t been a better turntable made since for anywhere near a reasonable price :slight_smile:

it’s a SL-20

1 Like

Excellent as usual, @Lanny . . . :+1:

Great cover of one of my favorites, and great video production too!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It was a great experience @JT! It was as if I had more investment into the song. I didn’t follow Illsley’s groove to the tee, and once I connected with how the song was building, I was able to use my own groove and establish my personality into the bass rhythm.

4 Likes

Lanny the video production on this one is really solid, well done.

3 Likes