Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Thank you John! I don’t know what to try next. I’ll give it some thought this week.

It’s the Menehune that come in during the night and tune my bass. :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks @Mac ! Much appreciated!

2 Likes

Actually going through amp and cab sims do make a huge difference. And a good SVT sim is going to sound much better than most real amps for recording.

That Ibanez does sound great though. Nice rich double humbucker tone. There’s a reason it’s my favorite.

Have you tried it in single coil mode? Might be fun to contrast.

3 Likes

I have not tried that. I’ll do some experimenting and let you know.

2 Likes

Time for some good ol’ southern rock boogie.
This song came up on shuffle in the car and between @Lanny’s great last cover and just how dang fun this song is I decided it was a good one to test drive the new T-40 with.
It’s not a hard tune, but its fast and long.

T-40 is in full humbucker mode with a bit of EQ and SVT sim from the VT Bass DI to add a bit of dirt to the boogie.

https://youtu.be/1k8EPohBu5Q

Feel free to get up and dance.

14 Likes

Oh I enjoyed that very much. Surely an advert for the B2B course right there. Put your head down kids, log the hours and the results will come.

I also enjoyed the camera angle / staging.

5 Likes

Great cover John @John_E ,
The peavey sounds awesome, I will get one some day🤞
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Great playing @JerryP I love how relaxed you play.

Love the tone of that Peavey @John_E , it seems to be worth the weight (in gold)

4 Likes

Well done @JerryP :+1::+1::+1:

3 Likes

great covers @JerryP and @John_E , I really enjoyed both

6 Likes

Stunning job @John_E - you are definitely ready for pub gigs :+1: :+1: :+1: Makes me want to jump in my pickup and open a bottle of budweiser!

4 Likes

Thanks! will give it a go…

3 Likes

Go, man, go! :clap:t3::clap:t3::clap:t3:

5 Likes

Great tune very well played @John_E . That Peavey does sound mighty good

6 Likes

Thanks @Barney
I spent the last two days rearranging everything just to get my bigger (and new smaller) keyboards close enough to my computer to use the new Hammond B-3 sim. After a bit more MacGyvering today I should have a nice dual keyboard set up. A nice result of all this got the basses all in one place.

5 Likes

Great sound and playing @John_E and I really love your groove!

4 Likes

Excellent John! I almost got up an danced, but it’s too early in the morning here. The Peavey sounded great.
:+1:

2 Likes

Thank you @T_dub , @thomas and @terb !
Thanks again Laurent for starting this thread, it has been a lot of fun.

6 Likes

Really a fine cover

4 Likes

Play it again at happy hour!

4 Likes