Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Thank you @RuknRole !

4 Likes

I was working on another tune when I stumbled across this song and thought that it perfectly fitted how I feel about the BassBuzz community. This has been such a positive experience for me learning bass over the past year or so. Being helped, cajoled and encouraged by all you lovely people has been fantastic.
I took a screen grab of anyone whoā€™s ever posted a cover on this site (it took quite a while) and added it to the video. So I hope I got everyone, but apologies If I missed you (I had to wade through thousands of posts to find you all). You have been very busy :slight_smile:
Once again, thanks for being such a positive corner of the internet. Oh and we all need to smile more in our videos, some of them look like ransom demands (myself included).

This oneā€™s for you Joe :slight_smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymDNhUnKS0M

HX Stomp:
Amp - MESA/BoogieĀ® Bass 400+ (channel 1)
Cab - 2x15" MESA/BoogieĀ® 2x15 EV
Comp - TeletronixĀ® LA-2AĀ®
Fender MIM P Bass (Tone rolled off 80%)
GHS Precision Flats
Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd gen

22 Likes

Damn @Barney!! That was probably one of the best, greatest, superb, over the top covers I have ever seen or heard!! Here it is, almost 2 AM here in Georgia and I just got home from band practice and while winding down with a glass of my favorite bourbon, I get to watch and listen to this!! Damn, Damn, Damn!! Iā€™m sure you put a smile on Joeā€™s face - you certainly put one on mine!!..

Thank You!!
Lanny

8 Likes

Nice work @Barney,
Very cool to see all the different people from the forum, many who we havenā€™t seen in a while.
Thanks for bringing back some fond memories of the unique community we are all so lucky to be part ofšŸ˜Ž
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

Hey nice job! What video editing software are you using there?

Ed

5 Likes

Great job @Barney ! Great song/cover and video presentation. This really is a great community to be a part of.
:+1:

5 Likes

Thank you for this @Barney !
Best cover prize!
Great playing and fantastic idea and tribute to our community and to @Jazzbass19 Joe.
Iā€™ve been in a playing funk of late and you just inspired me to find a song with lots of fun in it.

(you didnā€™t happen to ā€˜Countā€™ how many people are in the video did you?)

7 Likes

Great tribute to Joe @Barney

4 Likes

Aww man, that was just great. Great vibe, well played, nicely mixed, sounded great. And a really nice gesture as well.

5 Likes

Nice job @Barney

And here I am working on Symphony of Destructionā€¦

I will get a cover recorded someday, promise.

5 Likes

Amazing idea and great execution :+1:
Thank you

5 Likes

This is a masterpiece, you really captured something special here

5 Likes

Thanks everyone.
@Ed Iā€™m just using the iMovie software that was bundled with my Mac, nothing fancy.
@John_E in a nod to The Beatles, there were 64 pictures.

8 Likes

I do this all the time. Fun. Upbeat. Lyrics that make me smile or laugh. I know theyā€™re terminally uncool.but Huey Lewis tunes always make the list. But lately Iā€™ve been on a huge Bowling for Soup kick. Songs can be learned to about 90% proficiency in one play throughā€¦ hilarious lyrics. Mostly just chugging around in I IV V. I love bands that do not ever take themselves seriously.

4 Likes

Very cool! Nice job on the cover and video. Thanks for including me.

5 Likes

Your part of the family Pam @PamPurrs ,
I would have been disappointed if you werenā€™t on there,
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Which is more sacrilegious, a hack covering the Fab 4 or the act of posting that cover here even though thereā€™s not an actual bass in it? :thinking:

5 Likes

NIce job @Korrigan ! Nothing sacrilegious about doing a Beatles cover, Iā€™m guilty of a few myself.
:+1:

2 Likes

Sweet! Are you playing one of yours?

3 Likes

Yessir, was playing #56 while taking a break from working on #58. :slight_smile:

3 Likes