Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Great song to practice to @JDDaniel… Always a good one to have in your gig bag of songs to play at any time since so many people who play guitar also play it quite a bit and is always a fun one to jam to. @terb brought up some points that should be quite helpful down the road… Looking forward to more!

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

3 Likes

Great cover @Lanny , Bill,
Nice tone from Big Red, loved the backdrop video, worked really nicely with the audio👍
And nice to see you dressed for the occasion, Connie will love her version :sunglasses:
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Hi @JDDaniel,
I agree with @terb comments, Bass notes were really sustained, and I to was surprised when it cut out, I was just starting to really focus on your playing👍
Keep up the progress😎
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Wow! Congratulations! And a great song to celebrate too! Well played.

5 Likes

Happy anniversary @Lanny
Great cover and fancy video stuff :+1:

5 Likes

Thanks! If you ever need a clickbait consultant, you know where to find me :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Thanks @TNKA36 Brian, @Mac, and @sfadams… Got a week before our anniversary and I’m still working on the version that I need to have completed by then.

Yes Brian, Big Red got the final call when it came to my bass pick for this song. Those half rounds with the foam gave me that smooth sound I was looking for as compared to the round wounds on The General Lee (Ibanez SR500E)… Besides, I didn’t really need the one thing I like most on the General for this song… a “Fast” neck…:grinning::grinning:

The only reason I went with a transposed background when I shot the video was because I new it would fit in to the photo theme that I had in mind for the cover. My actual completed project won’t have any actual video footage anyway - at least that’s what I’m shooting for.

Again, thanks all for the comments!

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

5 Likes

That was beautiful! Great video. Happy Anniversary to the both of you. That is one of my favorite karaoke songs when I visit Japan.

4 Likes

Thanks @JerryP Jerry…

Sounds like there might be a bot of a story here??:grinning::grinning:

4 Likes

another great cover @Lanny ! nice bass and tone choice, it works perfectly well with the mix !

5 Likes

Thanks Laurent @terb… I tried using the SR500E but I just couldn’t make it work even with foam under the strings at the bridge - still a bit to “edgy” in the attack. It was one of those songs that I really had to maintain focus on while playing.

6 Likes

Your productions are really becoming top-notch, Lanny! Interesting challenge with the fake background and how the algorithm tries to cope with your shirt (and your furniture) :grin:

Happy Anniversary! Who knows, Eric might show up and take over lead duties (and singing)!! And then invite you to come on for his next tour!!

5 Likes

Not much of a story… whenever I sing that song in the bar :shinto_shrine: the mama-san and some of the ladies get a bit doe-y (sic) eyed. :pleading_face:

7 Likes

Thanks @joergkutter Joerg!

Or, his lawyers might show up threatening action for copyright infringement??:thinking::thinking::joy::joy::joy:.

For the last 43 years, this song has probably been one of the most played songs at… weddings,… anniversaries,… and,… during many other “special“ occasions given it’s reputation of being… in the words of an old diesel submarine sailor… “A classic Panty Dropper”

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

8 Likes

Hahaha​:joy::joy:. Kinda what I had mentioned in my reply to @joergkutter:rofl::rofl:

8 Likes

@Lanny great song, great cover you got it all man

6 Likes

Thanks @LesterH… It was a bit trying at times to force myself to lock in on it. One of those songs that I could just not lock in on if there was even the slightest disruption happening. So many times playing it I had to just stop and put my bass down because I couldn’t stay locked in. A bit different when I play rock or anything at a faster paced rhythm - with those songs I can just hammer through no matter what’s going on around me…

8 Likes

:sweat_smile:

One Danish language equivalent would be equally to the point, though infinitely less poetic, “can opener”… :crazy_face:

7 Likes

Finally got a DAI, here’s my first cover. Didn’t bother with video on this one but I’ll add that to the process once I figure out the best way to do it.

A couple mistakes in the bridge and some timing issues aside, I feel pretty good about it. Fun song to play!

11 Likes

Nice cover,
You have some saturation issues like I usually have.
Not a big deal, it can be fixed with settings on your DAI, and within the DAW.
Some of the guys here will tell you some good levels to use so you bass sounds cleaner with the music.
The volume is not so bad, but the system is kind of distorting it.

Otherwise good first cover.

3 Likes