Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Do it :+1:

4 Likes

I will, my wife loves No Doubt we saw them years ago it was a great show.

3 Likes

Great cover, great song. I hear what you mean about the levels and saturation. Speaking of No Doubt, I just started learning Don’t Speak the other day, some of the lines in that song are pretty interesting.

5 Likes

Thanks, and I look forward to hearing your cover of it :+1:

4 Likes

congratulations @bjams , nice cover ! it’s nicely played and the tone is OK. I remember this album, it was funny at the time.

@T_dub nicely played and with a much better tone than the last time, that’s a great progress at least about the production !

great job @Lanny as always, I like the song and the double bass-ish tone works not bad. it’s not easy at all to get a credible DB tone, I find that it always lack the “woody” resonnance … but, well, yeah, it’s not a huge acoustic double bass :grin: maybe thinner single pickups would have sounded a bit more “organic” but I know you do with what you have, and it still works good overall ! and the towel brings the country-grunge thing far further :sunglasses: love this

one day we could launch a collective experience to try to reproduce the best double bass -ish tone with our fretted electric basses, to find the best recipes for this particular goal. could be funny.

7 Likes

Wow, you guys are cranking them out faster than I can follow!! Awesome jobs all around!

Hey, @Lanny, the NFL refs called - they want their penalty flag back!! :joy:

6 Likes

Great cover Bill @Lanny,
Love a bit of Biffo​:+1::grimacing:
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Some great stuff being posted in this thread. Can’t wait until I get the chance to get my head together with @TNKA36 and @rory to see what the go is and get a contribution out there

5 Likes

Wow, great playing id like to see the finger movement and you have great tone and groove, groove on!

3 Likes

'Biffo"… @TNKA36 - Brian,… Took a while to figure this one out, but the light did finally come on… Glad I’m not from Offaly though…

4 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: @joergkutter Joerg… I haven’t watched any NFL for several years now… I do enjoy College and High School football though.

5 Likes

Here is a No Doubt cover for my wife’s birthday. She loved this band. I chose one of her favorite songs to cover and it is not an exact bass line it is more of an improved line adding some individuality to it.
Bath Water (No Doubt)

9 Likes

Nice one! I dig the personal touches. All this No Doubt and Sublime talk has me diving deep back into the mid-90’s catalog, man there were some classics.

6 Likes

Agreed @bjams

3 Likes

Me too :+1: I loved the grunge era and I’m really digging Stone Temple Pilots at the moment. Some of the bass lines used are fantastic

4 Likes

Great cover @LesterH! Love the tone from your bass! Happy Birthday to your wife brother!!

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

5 Likes

@Lanny thanks brother she said thank you. The new amp is working great still figuring out some things but so far I love it

5 Likes

Happy birthday to your wife @LesterH

4 Likes

@Mac thanks man!

3 Likes

@Mac I can’t wait to hear your cover of Plush. They were a great band.

3 Likes