Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Interesting observations on this issue, @Lanny - I might add a few thoughts/impressions of my own once I get my act together and write up our group’s first experience in the studio.

7 Likes

Ooh. Looking forward to hearing how it went!

6 Likes

I think it’s freaking awesome. Your bass setup is perfect, with just the right amount of fret growl snappiness there. Nice tone. Nice harmonic at the end too.

7 Likes

Thank you, I My bass sound is not bright for slapping even though i use round wound strings, its sound like precision may i know what is wrong?

4 Likes

Could be a couple things. Could be EQ, could be you not striking quite hard enough to get the ring.

6 Likes

my bass is passive and my amp only have 4 knobs its: Volume, Treble, Mid, Bass.

5 Likes

Hey @suaryana,
Loved your slappin and poppin, with some hammer ons👍
Great Roots, fifths and Octave work happening and great finish with a cool little slide :sunglasses:
Nice tones, your covers are really showing great improvements in qaulity😎
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Thats a kind of you brian :sunglasses: , cheers suaryana

5 Likes

wow Lester that was cool. Must be fun to do that with your son.
I loved the guitar he was playing, is that his or yours? What kind? color was cool, I bet Howard loved it.

6 Likes

Great job @suaryana, I love it.
I am gonna go learn it so I can play it, you are really doing great, and I love the tone you are getting from that bass.

4 Likes

Totally. Guitar was gorgeous.

Love Weezer :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thank you @T_dub, im kinda lookin for brighter sounding bass but i dont know how and if you need the drum track Hmu. :smiley:

5 Likes

That’s so impressive @suaryana :+1: . The bass sounds pretty good to me and I’d love to be able to slap and pop like that

5 Likes

Thanks Mac, You can slap you just need to practice :smiley:

5 Likes

Looking forward to it @joergkutter Joerg…

4 Likes

Working on it now, Lanny! But, it is going to be a whopper… I feel I need to write this all down, just for my own sake, but hopefully others here can benefit from some of these experiences as well.

Unless, of course, @bassbot is kicking me off the forum for exceeding some character limit :crazy_face:

6 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @bassbot display help.

4 Likes

Drat. Saw Bassbot’s avatar, and clicked on the thread link hoping to hear a scale-filled cover by the bot itself. Oh well …

3 Likes

@T_dub that was one of my PRS guitars. I am actually giving it to him on His birthday in a few weeks he doesn’t know it though. Thanks man it was a lot of fun playing with him on this

5 Likes

Man, I love PRS guitars. I loved Carvin, now Keisel and PRS, and that Ernie Ball EVH when it first came out.

3 Likes