Post your covers! (2019-2022)

@suaryana is it a cover ? if yes, what is the band and song name ? I keep a list of all the covers we all do. if it’s not a cover it would be nice to post on a more appropriate thread instead of this one which is dedicated to … covers obviously … thanks :slight_smile:

@LesterH excellent cover as usual ! this father&son song is really cool :v::sunglasses:

6 Likes

Im sorry for my post thats in a wrong thread its my fault i share it on wrong thread, and i’ve been looking at jam or making basslines thread, and i’m really sorry for the inconvenience. @everyone :smiley:

2 Likes

no problem :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@terb thanks man it was a lot of fun

4 Likes

Wow, just fabulous in every possible way. Congratulations on . . . your entire life!

8 Likes

I just made this a few minutes ago after my nightly practice.
I learned the song last Friday I think and waited for @gcancella to get back from his weekend trip to get me the copy of the song with the bass removed (thanks again)
3 takes to get the settings right.
the first one was actually played better, but this had the better sound levels for the recording.
Still working on getting better at my recording settings.
couple mistakes, still a work in progress. Another tool to use to measure progress when I revisit it in the future and record it again and compare.
This really has some areas where timing is tough to pick up, so it is really good practice for timing.
And no, Sublime is NOT my favorite band, but I DO really Love Eric Wilson’s bass lines, they are so fun to learn and play and learn from.

Bad Fish
By Sublime

https://bilgerats.billlanahan.com/2020/09/23/bad-fish/

12 Likes

Nice mellow bass line Toby, sometimes these types of bass lines are more challenging to play because they have plenty of space and require more of a feel for the timing :+1:
Nice tones @T_dub.
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

Yes, and still every bit as fun.

5 Likes

YES Toby @T_dub! Very nicely played AND recorded! Timing was great and tone fit well with the mix. A tremendous leap forward with the recording mix from what I hear!

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

7 Likes

Thank you very much Lanny, I enjoyed playing this for the challenge of the timing, and it is a fun little line.

6 Likes

Bass tone sounded way way better there, not saturated or clipping at all.

7 Likes

i like the bass tone what bass do you use for this one?

7 Likes

@T_dub great cover Toby!

5 Likes

Thank you, it is my Sterling Stingray Ray4 with upgraded Agiular pick up

5 Likes

Thanks Lester :+1:

2 Likes

Hi Bassbuzz Family,

Please find link to my latest cover.
It is another Cyndi Boste track, taken from the Foothill Dandy Album.
My old Bass teacher played the bass on this album, and at the time I was taking lessons from him I got him to chart a few of the songs from the album, and this is one of my favourites, Cyndi’s songwriting is amazing and is Cleary demonstrated on this song.
As usual all feedback is appreciated.
enjoy.
Cheers Brian

https://bilgerats.billlanahan.com/2020/09/24/dont-go-there/

8 Likes

Gorgeous! Beautiful color

4 Likes

@TNKA36 Awesome as always Brian! Loving the tone

4 Likes

Nice job @TNKA36 :+1:
I reckon that’s the most chilled you’ve looked since you started and you really looked like you were enjoying the whole experience

5 Likes

hey @TNKA36 that’s the 100th cover or 2020 !

source

otherwise, nice tone and nice groove !

10 Likes