Practice Time

@PamPurrs Do you know what that bass is he’s playing?

Mark Smith?
Enfield Lionheart with Sims Superquad pickups.

1 Like

Yep. That’s the one. Thanks Mark.

The one in the vid I posted is obviously a 5, whereas Mark’s is a 4 - I posted the vid so you can see what the lights on the pups are all about.

1 Like

Yeah. I just looked them up. Those pickups are crazy.

Enfield

Here’s Mark reviewing another one Eric

1 Like

Here’s a good list of tips for practicing. From a competitor, but we know they don’t hold a candle to B2B. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Very interesting @JT I love stuff like this

1 Like

Another thing that I failed to mention, but very important (at least it is to me)…

No matter what your daily or weekly or whatever practice routine, always end each session on a high note (pardon the pun).
What I mean by this, is don’t end the session in frustration, end it with an accomplishment. I find that if I end in a state of frustration due to inability to overcome a hurdle, I am unable to relax or enjoy my downtime due to a haunting feeling of defeat, and guilt that I should continue practicing. On the other hand, when I end the session with having succeeded in conquering a challenge or accomplishing a goal, I’m able to enjoy the rest of the day basking in the glow of victory.
This is me, it may not be the same for everyone. As they say… your results may vary.

8 Likes

I think that is an important point. It can be tough though, when you are tired, and you know you “just gotta practice.” My problem is, I generally am not practicing, but taking on a new lesson. Sometimes I’ll repeat the lesson, but what I really need to do is when my personal resources are low, I need something I can do that won’t set me up for failure when I am really exhausted.

3 Likes

Excellent suggestion, Pam @PamPurrs! . . . :slight_smile:

Lately, I’ve been kind of floundering around with my practice, not very motivated, been a little depressed, etc. So now I’ll set a definite goal and finish on that.

Couldn’t have said it better myself :+1:

Cheers, Joe

4 Likes

One thing I find helpful is, find something you’ve pretty much mastered playing along with, and like to play… and use that to wrap up your practice routine.

4 Likes