Recording Hardware "Beginner" Setup

I agree,
Bass > DAI > DAW
Keep it simple, I know some folks use phone for video, with the Apple it’s use the computer camera.
1 stop shop :sunglasses:
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

Yeah, I was wondering about that as well. Get a decent DAI and you don’t need a DI box.

4 Likes

I borrowed a friend’s Spark Amp a while back. It’s a neat bit of kit. For playing guitar at bedroom levels it seemed good but plugging in my bass showed up the limitations of the speakers.

Still the ability to use it as a DAI is useful. I don’t remember it being cheap? But cheap is relative I guess.

5 Likes

If you already own the Spark, you don’t have to buy a DAI. So that would make it (relatively) cheap :wink:

5 Likes

Good point @Mike_NL. Now I’m not endorsing this product as I’ve never used it but $40 for a DAI seems a crazy cheap way to get people recording themselves.

6 Likes

Absolutely. I’ve got its (slightly) bigger brother, the UMC22, and it works just fine for basic recording purposes.
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/UMC22--behringer-u-phoria-umc22-usb-audio-interface

8 Likes

Cheap for me I guess, because I don’t need to buy a recording interface, 'cause I already have the Spark amp.
Great for guitar and Bass too, do not underestimate those small speakers, they are playing really well if you don’t try to fill up a stadium, but at low volume (Bed room) they are perfect.

1 Like

I find it nice and cheap to not need an amp at all :rofl:

1 Like

No it was fine for what it is, an all round practice amp. But compared to my Fender Rumble 100 you noticed the difference. It felt thin. But that’s understandable.

They’ve packed a lot into a small package.

3 Likes

No I am not comparing Spark to any Bass amp, I find this Amp Perfect for the bedroom or practice amp, I will never compare Spark to a Rumble Amp.

1 Like

Nice gear to make basic recording, easy to use and it works, a little latency, but it works.

2 Likes

Try reducing the ASIO buffer size.

5 Likes

Thank you, I will try it, it’s probably my main trouble.

2 Likes