Recording yo'self

and ReEQ is amazingly good ReEQ is a free plugin so good, it’s a reason to use REAPER – and it keeps getting better

1 Like

Yeah some of the stock Reaper plugins are actually quite good. And many Reaper users don’t even know they exist, because they don’t expect Reaper to have any.

2 Likes

The only complaint i have is the UI is boring on most of them :smiley: but they’re all really good, even ReaTune does a good job of tuning vocals. I watched Reaper Mania and Hop Pole Studios a lot when started using Reaper.

2 Likes

Yeah their UI is… kind of nonexistent for most, but there’s a lot of stuff bundled in there.

1 Like

Totally the exact reverse of me. I love a Mac computer, but thoroughly dislike anything iOS… that said, I’d never have an android tablet either, because they chew major donkey.

However, due to some changes in life (likely going back to do another degree) and other considerations, I just put up a BSD box (GhostBSD, a Canadian distro geared for desktop use) to do my Python and R stuff… and it FLIES. I’m going to try Ardour on it for recording.

1 Like

How does one install this?

It comes with Reaper. Add it to Track FX on the track you want to EQ.

This is how all plugins work - you can add them as track, item, range, input or master FX, depending on what you are trying to do.

1 Like

ReaEQ comes with Reaper, but not that ReeEQ that sshoiet is talking about.

@Old_WannaBe to install it: in Reaper go to Options → “Show REAPER resource path in Explorer/Finder …”.
There you go inside the Effects directory, and copy the contents of the zip you can download here: ReEQ and ReSpectrum, parametric equalizer and spectrum analyzer - Cockos Incorporated Forums

you could copy it inside one of the directories (utility, misc, whatever you find fitting), or just copy it directly in there. I just put the REJJ-v1.0.12 directory inside of the Effects directory.

So my plugin is inside %AppData%\REAPER\Effects\REJJ-v1.0.12

3 Likes