Regular strap or lock strap?

I don’t see a difference in the brands Vs functionality of the button type locks.

Do others?

1 Like

Fun fact: people that live close to the Grolsch brewery over here call it The Temple :yum:

7 Likes

@Mike_NL When I was living in Germany I used to pop over the border and play field hockey for Wageningen HC. They had some sponsorship deal with Grolsh. Two happy years playing for those guys.

2 Likes

Looks like a happy place . . . :slight_smile:

1 Like

sure, not a world of difference. all strap lock system have the same function and work well. In my opinion, everyone stick with the first system they buy so that their straps and instruments are compatible with each others :smiley: at least that’s what I did …

3 Likes

There is one difference with the Schallers that I think is cool. With the Dunlops, if the central plunger thing does manage to fail, that thing is falling off; whereas with the Schallers, the outer clip is seperate from the lock and is horseshoe-shaped with the open end at the top, so it will still hold the bass up if the locking mechanism breaks.

But it is a minor difference and I haven’t heard of the dunlops breaking.

2 Likes

I’ve got Ernie Balls on my Fender and Ibanez but I’m struggling to find them for the Rickenbacker as they are actually little bolts rather than screws.

Gonna install schaller s-locks tomorrow for the first time. A little more protection is always welcome.

4 Likes

Those are my favorite.

1 Like

@Mick316

First off Welcome to the forum.

Good choice and as @howard said

2 Likes

Glad you are here @Mick316. Welcome.
Good choice

2 Likes

Thanks. Love the buddy attitude and helping on the forum.

3 Likes

I’ve been using LOXX strap locks I find them to be the best I have used ,they are very small they don’t stick out so much. I have the chrome ones on my Levys strap and mat black skulls on my DSL strap. I got mine from Bass Direct in the U K. German company. cost £16.00. :clown_face:

1 Like

Never thought I’d see this on the BassBuzz forum!
When I started on bass, I used to live just north of the old factory of Grolsch when it was still in the middle of the city of Enschede. Good times!

2 Likes