Rumble 40 or Rumble Studio 40?

Yeah, this is the greatest thing about the ZOOM.
However, don’t COMPLETELY IGNORE the patches (as @howard said in the last post, they are not a complete waste)
What I did was look at ones that sounded half way decent in STOMP or EDIT mode.
Then I started tweaking settings on each pedal in that chain, to see which way to set them that is more to my liking, and which settings are not so much to my liking.
This also works with pedals within the chain, as they feed off each other, so when you tweak one, you affect the others, so it helps to understand how to tweak settings in each pedal in the chain.
PLUS
you can re-arrange the pedals, because, as you know, when you change the order, you change the result, sometimes making it better to your ear, and other times killing the whole thing.
Then
when you play around with the already created patches (that you know sounded good at one point, or at least sounded they way somebody created them, weather you like it or not,), and learn from them, you can start with a fresh blank patch and create one from scratch, and keep doing this until you get the idea of how to build chains.

THEN, after you go broke spending virtual MIND dollars, playing endlessly with the damn ZOOM machine, you can save yourself a bunch of real cash, by focusing on pedals you know you like in your chain, and not have to buy others to find out you don’t like them, or won’t use them enuf to justify buying one.

And then, if you want, you can keep that Zoom pedal around on your board, use it as a TUNER, and you can create a patch with a single effect pedal, and you can HAVE that one pedal that you didn’t really want to spend for, but you want to have it around just in case you decide to add it in the mix at some point.

Its really just showing how worthwhile and valuable these boxes for such a decent price. I figure it paid for istelf about 50 times over, and then I sold mine for $55, so in the end, it was only $15.

And, I did keep it around on my pedalboard for single pedals until I got a real pedal of that type, and I still have another zoom pedal and unit.

1 Like

Man, I have little to no use for a Zoom but you all are making it sound so attractive I might have to get one just to try it out and see how/when I would use it. Aaaarrrghhh

2 Likes

They are actually surprisingly useful. The amp/cab sims alone are worth the price.

2 Likes

That’s exactly what happened to me and I blame @howard :joy: :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

Whew!, at least it wasn’t me this time. :wink: :rofl:

FWIW - I’m staying at a friend’s house helping give care after a lower limb amputation. I also want/need to practice/play while I’m here without disrupting the household with my Hartke 150! So (based on what I’ve read here @Celticstar @howard ), I purchased a Zoom B1X Four, which is scheduled to arrive today.
I also bought a Bluetooth transmitter/receiver that will plug into the Zoom and my Bose QC25’s have a Bluetooth adapter. I’m hoping I can bring one of my basses over to practice and not disturb anyone TOO much. LOL

4 Likes

@JPHaggerty

Let us know what you think about the Zoom B1X Four.

2 Likes

I had a bad experience with a Bluetooth speaker related to trying to use it with Reaper DAW. Went back to wired speakers and issues went away. Still do not know why.

1 Like

Roger, wilco!

BTW - I initially looked at the Rumble 40 and the studio version, which I preferred for the direct out. However, I decided on the Hartke 150 as it had all the features I wanted. The different modes/amp sims is cool, but my need was for something more straightforward. Also, the Hartke came with casters, so easy to move around.
IF I was going to buy a Rumble it would have been the Studio version - for the direct out as I mentioned earlier.

1 Like

Modelling amps are a personal choice thing. Some people love em and some do not.
I have never liked modelling amps although I own guitar one that is 50 years old.
I belong to the camp that like to keep pedals/effects separate.

I purchased a Zoom B1X Four primarily for the headphone amp feature and to play around with the effects and amp/cab models but usually I am plugged directly into the amp with the Bass.

This is all that matters :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

A little off topic but I thought you would appreciate this.

I understand you like hot climates.
This is what I woke up to this morning :joy: :joy:
I thought it was April and was ready to go and cut my lawn just yesterday.
So much for global warming.

3 Likes

That was my backyard yesterday. I ended up getting about an inch, though it melted off by the afternoon.

3 Likes

If its any consolation, Southern California is cool / windy / overcast / rainy typical April day.
Our June’s, on the coast, have more gray days than sunshine. Often lasting thru mid to late July. I feel for those that want a June beach vacation.
If you want hot summer beach days, come in January, or August / September.
January has at least 2 weeks in the 80’s, but the ocean water is still cold as ice, so its not as good a beach vacation unless you have wetsuits.
July thru October oru water is bath water, or as close to bath water Pacific coast water gets, low 70’s. I know those on the east coast are used to real bath water in summertime, can be upwards of 80 degree water.

2 Likes

I lived in Michigan for the first 34 years of my life. I feel your pain! LOL
I remember a few opening days of baseball when it snowed in Tiger Stadium…
Yes, I prefer Palm Springs :hotsprings:

3 Likes

Ouch, a little humid there for my taste. If it’s that hot, I prefer the dry of Phoenix, but I am happy in my home in Costa Mesa (Huntington and Newport Beach).

I have lived Corona CA (2 years), and Phoenix AZ (4.5 years). All but 7 of my 49 years somewhere in the Tri-City area of Fountain Valley, Huntington Beach and Costa Mesa, CA.

1 Like

I suspect a lot of that is artifical humidity, too. That’s a lot of golf courses right there.

3 Likes

That, and bodies of water and run off from the mountains, but yeah, lots of artificial. Phoenix has no shortage of golf courses, or bodies of water, but it still stays dry AF. The mountains that run off are too far away to affect it.

Maybe all the water is used to keep all the golf courses fresh?

2 Likes