Serious "what to do" Advice Needed

Need money, sell it
Otherwise, do as above. Cut strings, give it some air for a few weeks and see what happens

1 Like

I think Tim said he’s decided to sell it, for several reasons.

2 Likes

You’ve been complaining about this bass all along the way.
You sold it once.
You wanted to make it wall art.
You weren’t happy with the tone for a while.

We have all dated this woman/man, and we have all not let her/him go soon enough.

Just sell it and start buying Fenders.
Even @howard is riding the Fender train now.

On another topic on this same bass…
And you know, the other thing, which I will spare reposting again, but you know what you posted. lol.

Follow Marie Kondon’s advice.
She is a very smart, tiny woman.
If it doesn’t bring you joy, thank it for its service and get rid of it.

9 Likes

Lols. I was thinking this, but didn’t want to go there. But you did :sunglasses:

6 Likes

:joy:

1 Like

As you know, Tim, there are TONS of other bass brands out there to choose from. Take your time and follow your fingers and ears before you buy a replacement for the one going away. By your own account, you seemed legit appalled at the size and weight of the F-word headstock on the Warmoth neck you bought. Do your research, shop around and play a bunch. You’ll find what you’re looking for.

4 Likes

You know, I started with a distaste for Fenders. And then I tried them, really, really. A couple of Dimensions, a couple of Jazzes (ok, one was a Squire, but what’s in a name?) I tried VERY hard and was enamored with my Player Jazz for a while. But honestly, they just don’t do it for me.

If ever I decide to dive into another non-Carvin/Kiesel bass, it’ll be an Ibanez, Yamaha, or ESP.

Yeah, yeah, I know. :slight_smile:

But again, in my defense, that was posted before I knew the neck was twisted and what my correction options were. I would think that seeing the condition of the neck and the options to fix it would get me a bit of a pass for what I said earlier. :slight_smile:

Heh, replacement’s already done been bought’ed. Which is a part of the reason I landed on the “yeah, just sell it” option. I picked up a Kiesel Osiris a couple of months back… it’s become my “go to” bass. Headless P/J (I mean, I suppose the Kiesel radiused single coil is J-equivalent) and the craftsmanship… you can say what you want about Kiesel and their management, but the stuff they make… the woods and all that… blows me away. And to scratch the 5-string itch, I also picked up a Carvin B50 which has a similar look and feel to the B4 but is 5 string and newer. So I’m actually good there, on the “B4 replacement” front. I had to shield the pickup cavities on the Osiris, but other than that I have no complaints about either of these two basses.

But I’m never going to call another bass a “forever bass”, and I’m never going to post about not selling another bass. :smiley:

1 Like

Words to live by.

3 Likes

OK
d

3 Likes

It’s a shame you’re so bloody far away @JustTim . I’d have happily chucked you my Ibby to try for a while.

As for Fenders, I was very anti the whole Fender package and then I bought my jazz bass. I’m now thinking about a fender P bass to keep her company! I just leave it there :joy:

5 Likes

Agree the cheapest route is to sell it. Maybe look in to some of the fine Mijs.

5 Likes

You got a sweet Jazz.

3 Likes

I fully deserve this :slight_smile:

But to be clear, I bought a P-Bass. Even now it’t not feeling like a Fender gateway drug. I’m good with just one hit. I wanted a P-Bass, I got an excellent P-Bass, I am happy. It happens to be a FujiGen Fender, which makes me even happier. However:

Excellent path as well. All three make fantastic instruments. My SBV is as high quality as any Fender I have seen. High end SR’s turn me on. And ESP has just a huge selection range of fantastic MIJ’s.

4 Likes

My short list of basses are FujiGen, Ibanez, ESP, and Fender

2 Likes

Saved this screenshot. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Ha, that’s not a very short list :smile:

1 Like

A very kind thought, thank you.

What model do you have? I’m a big fan of the SR line (I’ve had an SR-300, -500, and -700) but have never even seen any of the SR Prestige, BTB, or EHB lines. I’d love to play one of those sometime.

Very similar to what happened to me. Well, I wouldn’t say I was “anti-Fender”… most of my amps have been Fender, so I would say I was “anti-Fender-basses”. But then I figured eff it and traded for a Player Jazz. It was nice, had a good tone, and I loved the maple fretboard, but I just didn’t much care for the neck or body shape. I couldn’t get comfortable playing it.

I no longer consider myself “anti-Fender-basses”… but they’re not on the top of my list, either.

RIGHT!?

2 Likes

SR600 if I remember rightly.
I bought it as I started the B2B course but really never pick her up now.

2 Likes

I wouldnt be offended if I received this one as a gift

4 Likes

Great basses.

2 Likes