"Share some good music" Friday

whole album is great

1 Like

I’ve been watching interviews with her since she died. Never really saw/heard her speak before. Fascinating, especially when she got older and her shyness waned. People didn’t like what she said, but what she said seems to make a lot of sense to me.

2 Likes

I try not to post Babymetal, I really do. But they announced today that next Friday they will release a song featuring Tom Morello. Does that mean another album? They dropped one in March, but lately they have been saying it’s not their 4th album, it’s more like a 3.5 ep

Anyway, Divine Attack from their latest release. A song that Su has writing credits on.

Time has come, Stand Up,
Time to go Your Way

The moment Su throughs her arms out is classic Su. “I’m just going to skip the choreography and do my own thing”. Unlike Perfume, choreo is constantly evolving mostly because Su changes it during performances. The choreographer simply says “Su-metal is crazy”

3 Likes

This week-end I was at a punk/hardcore festival. Pretty hardcore actually :sweat_smile:

Here is a video made with my phone, of a band that I really like : Pluto Crevé. They come from the Reunion Island and the bass player is one of my best friends. Also I already recorded a cover of one of their song.

Anyway here is a live shot, of a kinda atypical song from their last album. Most certainly the least hardcore one.

that’s a great album really, here it is : Chemin Neuf | Pluto CrevĂ©

3 Likes

Awesome! Very classic hardcore actually.

1 Like

Sounds like a great experience, Laurent! Not my kind of music obviously, but always great with live events and seeing your best buddy perform :smile:

1 Like

[nothing to see here, move along]

1 Like

Wrong thread, Howard!?!? :crazy_face:

1 Like

dammit :rofl:

1 Like

interesting post-rock

3 Likes

Very strong SleepMakesWaves vibe there.

a very good one :

1 Like

i love me some tiki culture. my wife and i pour our own cocktails, make our own syrups etc. we’re working on putting together a golden age tiki lounge vinyl collection.

1 Like
1 Like

This one is, not least, for @booker_t

Happy weekend!

2 Likes

Thanks @joergkutter. Appreciate the video, I hadn’t seen it. Also, forwarded a copy of your message (love).

1 Like

There aren’t many famous people that came from Jacksonville area (Pat Boone, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Limp Bizkit and Slim Whitman are the first that come to mind at any point). Derek Trucks, however, is probably the best out of that small group. Dude was a literal child prodigy. While he has a pretty hefty fanbase, I feel like he should be far more well known than he is.

The fact that he absolutely blew away John Mayer and B.B. King is an added bonus.

1 Like

Looks like TWRP has dropped an EP! Friends of the Blues | TWRP

Their bass player is a beast!