"Share some good music" Friday

One of my favorite songs with a great bass riff.

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=385vQDpCcnw

1 Like

Very nice Joerg @joergkutter ,
Loved the lead guitar just after 3.00 min mark and again at 4.00 min to end.
Never heard of them before but really easy to listen to,
Cheers Brian

1 Like

Thanks Brian @TNKA36 - it’s kind of an usual share for me, but I dig the drummer :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I thought they were all good, I have just watched a couple of other songs live in London,
Cheers Brian

1 Like

Yep! A relatively new find for me as well :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REfPPpGIzDI

All with one bass.

1 Like

Back to the Mark Knopfler tangent for a moment. They did one of the coolest things I have seen. They had a mix engineer running a 2nd board alongside their truly excellent front-of-house guy. The 2nd engineer was mixing the live show on the fly to hard disc. Then they bulk burned that mix to USB drives. So, by the time the show ended and everybody headed to the merch table, you could buy a USB drive with your show on it. That is just f*cking cool, and a hearty “screw you” to bootleggers.
So, yeah, I have that show, and I swear I can pick out my wife’s joyous laughter in the front row at a particular moment.

3 Likes

Snarky Puppy do the same, but instead of a thumb drive, you can download the concert the next day (or any other concert of the tour). If you hold a ticket for a certain show, you get a better price for that particular download.

It’s a neat idea - and good business, I guess!? A lot of people will buy a copy of “their” concert for sentimental reasons alone… :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I would absolutely do that for any show that I’ve been to… In this technological day and age, this should be way more common…

2 Likes

Kyary Pamyu Pamyu

This video is one long shot, they worked until early morning to get a take with no mistakes. And almost did it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWxrIblJHO0

2 Likes

Out of all Nakata’s stuff I still like his work with Toshiko for Capsule the best. They both just turned 40 and are still killing it as a club band.

Might make sense he does his best work for his own band, not that Kyary or Perfume are bad in any way of course.

1 Like

My apologies if this one has already been featured, but being new here I haven’t read all 3972 replies in this thread. I grew up hearing my parents playing Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons. A few years ago I heard December, 1963 and it brought back many memories of my childhood.

I love this song for many reasons. First, Gerry Polci has an amazing voice and plays drums at the same time. Second, (and what’s applicable here) is Don Ciccone and his bass playing and falsetto.

https://youtu.be/mTUhnIY3oRM

1 Like

Repeats are fine, it’s still good music :slight_smile:

He’s had his most success with Perfume though, though Kyary’s done well too. Not that I’ll be posting Chocolate Disco anytime soon.

1 Like

I like what he’s done with Perfume growing more club (or generally, adult-listener) focused over the last ten years as they get into their 30’s. Their new stuff is way, way more interesting and better than their original teen-pop.

It’s like he’s growing them stylistically as their original fans age with them.

I’ve seen Perfume twice, once at SXSW and then in Seattle a couple years ago. They are very sophisticated these days, the music, dancing, stage show. They’ve really grown.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s really good to see. The normal J-pop machine doesn’t usually work that way - it’s more like the musical version of Logan’s Run. Hit 24, and you “graduate”.

Nakata ain’t having any of that for his acts :slight_smile:

Curious to see what Babymetal does. Su will be 24 in December, and they are going on hiatus in October. Koba though is publishing am autobiography this month, and he says the proceeds will all go to Babymetal’s future activities.

So my guess is they will be in the studio and self produce. Interested to see what they do. Because I don’t see them walking away from it. Perfume generates a lot of money, but nothing compared to Babymetal.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s an interesting case - huge machine driving it, and they are unlikely to just stop. Plus, female manager, so likely solidly with Nakata on this one.

edit: oops. I’d always thought Koba was a woman, for some reason. Not sure why I thought that.