"Share some good music" Friday

Yes! Liking this. Sounds so familiar but never heard them before.

2 Likes

Thanks, Iā€™d never heard of djent before and really enjoyed it. But, so many pedalsā€¦yikes!

1 Like

Haha, yes, never scrimp on equipment, right!? :grin:

If you want to hear some hardcore djent, check out the band ā€œAnimals as Leadersā€!

1 Like

A handy guide:

(with a comment of ā€œcombine them and you get ā€œAnimals as Leadersā€!ā€) :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Haha, this is hilarious - and very well done, too! :grin:

2 Likes

OK, Iā€™ll just leave this here for your enjoyment and amazement: Snarky Puppy led by bassist Michael League playing ā€œLingusā€ - awesome musicianship - complexity with a lot of feel! The highlight is that mindboggling synth solo - just try tapping along with that basic vamp during the solo and through the remainder of the song :grin:

Happy Friday!
6 Likes

These folks are so rad. Snarky Puppy is doing so much to keep jazz relevant and awesome today. Good shout, for sure.

3 Likes

Happy Friday, everyone!

I feel like having some Zappa todayā€¦ always defying genres and any attempts to put labels onto his music or being sorted into neat little boxesā€¦

Zoot Allures from the eponymous album:

And here is a version highlighting some of the cool bass lines (off a live version of Zoot Allures):

Cheers!

4 Likes

Yes to Zappa! Cool bass tone on that track. And a classic questionable guitar solo from Frank. :stuck_out_tongue:

This is what Iā€™m listening to today, stealing some licks for a funny guitar solo demonstration in an upcoming Youtube vidā€¦

5 Likes

Ah, the 80ā€™s outfits :grin:Stevieā€™s ā€œscarfā€ is dangerously close to getting caught up in his strings a couple of timesā€¦ And that tail :rofl:

Please keep us updated when your funny video goes online, @JoshFossgreen

3 Likes

Yes.
Please.

2 Likes

Getting in early this week :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Hey, somewhere on the globe it is already Friday :grin:

Thanks for sharing - hadnā€™t heard about these guys beforeā€¦ there is something hypnotic about their musicā€¦ I gotta send that link onto my brother; heā€™d totally dig that!

Cheers!

1 Like

But, letā€™s keep it trance-y for this Friday - House of Waters with Djigee (at least, a good portion of it):

Happy Easter!
3 Likes

Wow cool!!!

This is me today, heard about this guy from Mark Giuliana mentioning him as an influence in an interview:

3 Likes

Trippy :smile:
I can see how that influenced Giuliana - sounds not too far off what Giuliana recorded with Brad Mehldau.

2 Likes

Totally! Thereā€™s a connection to the BEAT MUSIC records too, which Iā€™m also listening to lately! I need to check out that Mehldau collab stuff again.

Interesting. It kind of reminds me of some of Jack Dangersā€™ more mellow work.

3 Likes

Very nice

Thanks for sharing Howard, checking that out now! Found this track:

3 Likes