SAG - Selling Aquired Gear

I just listed my Schecter SLS Elite-5. It’s a great bass but I have three 5 strings and I like the other two better.

4 Likes

TRBX is sold, for the same price I paid for it a few years ago. I love used gear.

A little bittersweet, it’s a great bass and I got a lot of mileage out of it.

edit: it turns out after checking I was wrong and actually turned a $20 profit on it. I love that; get a great bass, use it for years, get paid a Jackson for doing it :rofl:

5 Likes

I’m giving Sweetwater`s gear exchange a try. Here’s my first listing:
https://www.sweetwater.com/used/listings/47681-used-ns-design-end-pin-stand-conversion-kit

3 Likes

Just shipped it, and I no longer have a humbucker in my collection. Feels weird, wrong somehow :rofl:

That was a great bass. The problem is I have two other slightly greater basses now and I just wasn’t playing it. It was time to find it a home where someone would.

3 Likes

Looks like a nice marketplace platform. It has the same feeling as the Sweetwater website.

4 Likes

So, if anyone is looking for a Carvin, I guess, “project” bass, I listed my B4 (see this thread) on my Reverb shop. If you’re interested, hit me up here (or there) and we’ll work a “friends and family” kinda deal. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My latest listing: the Hofner Club, customized with black pick guard, red knobs over black control panel, and red truss rod cover. Includes hard shell case.
https://rvrb.io/2021-ignition-pro-nhe5yu

4 Likes

@joeike
@JustTim
@PamPurrs

GLWTS!

2 Likes

They look so cute together, I can’t stand the thought of breaking them up. I’m taking the Hofner Club off the market.

10 Likes

Good for you, Pam! That little guy is way cool and you wouldn’t recoup much if you sold it. It’s worth more than what you would get for it.

2 Likes

The Harley Benton JB is up for sale

If any BassBuzzer is interested, I can ship it, of course… I don’t expect you to make the trip just to collect it. Unless you’re nearby to participate in the traditional town festival/chaotic mess also known as Oktoberfest :grin:

3 Likes

Hmm. Maybe we need another thread for trades?

Anyway, I’ve been thinking that I want to try out some form of a Stingray bass. Ernie Ball, Sterling, whatever. I’d be looking to trade my Carvin B50 five string, which is in this → ← close to mint condition. I love the B50, but I’m just not a five-string guy, and I don’t want a precision or jazz bass.

Anyway, if there’s any interest, let me know.

2 Likes

May as well add my for sale stuff in here

https://reverb.com/uk/shop/mikes-bass-stuff

Both my acoustic basses are listed - can only afford (space and money) to retain one, so I’ll keep whichever one doesn’t sell.

1 Like

If you’re looking for a cherry Carvin 5-string bass with a Carvin tweed hard-case, check out my Reverb/OfferUp. I listed my honey burst B50 to buy the Warmoth body that I need to re-build my “bent neck” B4 as the Carmoth Warvin.

I really only need $500 to get the body, so while it’s listed for $600 on Reverb/OfferUp, I’ll sell it to any BassBuzzers for $500.

It’s a REALLY nice bass, and while I love 5-strings I’m primarily a 4-string player and would rather fix up Carmoth Warvin than have a 5-string sitting around. If it were a 4-string, I wouldn’t sell it.

So, hit me up if you’re interested. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Woot! Sold it today, got hot cash in my pocket. Now off to the Warmoth site. I’m thinking it’ll be a G4 body, it’s the most Carvin-like of their bodies.

8 Likes

Congrats! Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

4 Likes

Dude, me too. I ordered the body last night, but evidently there’s an approximate 12 week wait on routing and finishing in-stock bodies.

Waits are hard for me. I’m an “immediate gratification” kinda guy. :smiley:

7 Likes

Me too. Gotta have it when I want it.

5 Likes

Waiting blows dead bears.

My EBMM Cutlass is stuck somewhere in New Zealand international shipping limbo. The last tracking update I got on 9/13 said only:

In transit with airline. Your item is being transported by the airline to its overseas destination

Not a peep since then.

3 Likes

I hear ya.

When I ordered my Fralin pickup and it was 6-8 week wait, I wasn’t happy. Not built for this waiting crap. I want my Happy Meal

Right there with you

5 Likes