SAG - Selling Aquired Gear

LOL I took the EUB off the market, and the Rumble just sold.

1 Like

That upright is a beauty!

2 Likes

She is, that’s why I had second thoughts about selling her and killed the listing on Reverb.

3 Likes

She stays home, love it!

3 Likes

I actually went and looked at your EUB, and then I felt bad because my newest family member isn’t even home yet, :rofl::rofl::rofl:. I’m good with two :grinning::grinning:

3 Likes

I just noticed @Hondo shared his site here… Gibson 5 string available.

2 Likes

Thanks!

I also have a Rumble 100 available, though local pickup in Phoenix for that one. Shipping is just too much to make it worthwhile.

2 Likes

I sold my Rumble 100 to someone in Texas and charged $75 shipping. It only cost me $60 to ship it from Phoenix, so I came out ahead.

IMO, listing with “local pickup only” drastically limits your market.

1 Like

I took it, in its original packaging, to all three of USPS, FedEx, and UPS, and the cheapest price was $125. I don’t know what the difference is, but they seemed intent on screwing me on it.

2 Likes

Reverb give a much better price when you create the shipping label from their site.

4 Likes

I am loving the deals places like Reverb have with shippers.

Mercari’s is awesome for me - half price, and bidirectionally anonymous - neither you nor the buyer/seller ever learn each others identity or address.

2 Likes

Thanks! I didn’t realize that lol. I’ll have to Re-list it.

2 Likes

Look at what other people are asking for shipping so you’re in line with the competition. One thing I learned is that it’s better to sell your item at a lower price and ask more for shipping, since Reverb doesn’t include the shipping when calculating your fee.

2 Likes

I used to sell on ebay lol. I’m familiar, but it’s great info for everyone. Thanks

1 Like

Let me know if you want to try out the Gibson EB-5 5-string :grin: Save ya a fair amount :grin:

1 Like

Seventeen people watching my Warwick, but no one buying because of the pandemic. It’s really hurt the market for expensive items here.

https://www.mercari.com/jp/items/m44891422905/

There’s one bass I am tempted by with 40 people watching it and no one buying. Frustrating. If I were in the market for another bass here it would be a fantastic time to buy.

4 Likes

That’s odd to me. In the past month I’ve sold a Yamaha BB235, a Rumble 100 amp, and a N,S. Designs Electric Upright Bass… all expensive items.

1 Like

Pretty sure it’s a local thing. I sold a few hundred dollars in pedals without issue but no luck on guitars selling at all.

1 Like

I recommend Rondo Music although I am not their owner. I bought my uke bass from them and they were very helpful.

1 Like

27 people watching my Warwick at this point, only one bite so far, and the guy came in with a seriosuly lowball offer. I think people are just holding back from big purchases at the moment here. My other Warwick and my other Yamaha sold very fast last year.

4 Likes