SAG - Selling Aquired Gear

I am seeing the same thing. The less expensive stuff still seems to go pretty quick but the higher end items are going more slowly.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve decided to abandon my Electric Upright Bass playing, and focus on my bass guitar playing. I have come to the realization that they are two completely different instruments, despite the fact that they are tuned the same. Therefore, I have listed my EUB on Reverb for a very good price. Itā€™s in ā€œLike Newā€ condition.

5 Likes

Fender Rumble 100 in ā€œlike newā€ condition.

Iā€™m buying my friendā€™s 500 watt amp head and 115 Cab, so Iā€™m selling my Rumble 100

3 Likes

Dang, Pam! Have both of them already sold?

1 Like

LOL I took the EUB off the market, and the Rumble just sold.

1 Like

That upright is a beauty!

2 Likes

She is, thatā€™s why I had second thoughts about selling her and killed the listing on Reverb.

3 Likes

She stays home, love it!

3 Likes

I actually went and looked at your EUB, and then I felt bad because my newest family member isnā€™t even home yet, :rofl::rofl::rofl:. Iā€™m good with two :grinning::grinning:

3 Likes

I just noticed @Hondo shared his site hereā€¦ Gibson 5 string available.

2 Likes

Thanks!

I also have a Rumble 100 available, though local pickup in Phoenix for that one. Shipping is just too much to make it worthwhile.

2 Likes

I sold my Rumble 100 to someone in Texas and charged $75 shipping. It only cost me $60 to ship it from Phoenix, so I came out ahead.

IMO, listing with ā€œlocal pickup onlyā€ drastically limits your market.

1 Like

I took it, in its original packaging, to all three of USPS, FedEx, and UPS, and the cheapest price was $125. I donā€™t know what the difference is, but they seemed intent on screwing me on it.

2 Likes

Reverb give a much better price when you create the shipping label from their site.

4 Likes

I am loving the deals places like Reverb have with shippers.

Mercariā€™s is awesome for me - half price, and bidirectionally anonymous - neither you nor the buyer/seller ever learn each others identity or address.

2 Likes

Thanks! I didnā€™t realize that lol. Iā€™ll have to Re-list it.

2 Likes

Look at what other people are asking for shipping so youā€™re in line with the competition. One thing I learned is that itā€™s better to sell your item at a lower price and ask more for shipping, since Reverb doesnā€™t include the shipping when calculating your fee.

2 Likes

I used to sell on ebay lol. Iā€™m familiar, but itā€™s great info for everyone. Thanks

1 Like

Let me know if you want to try out the Gibson EB-5 5-string :grin: Save ya a fair amount :grin:

1 Like

Seventeen people watching my Warwick, but no one buying because of the pandemic. Itā€™s really hurt the market for expensive items here.

https://www.mercari.com/jp/items/m44891422905/

Thereā€™s one bass I am tempted by with 40 people watching it and no one buying. Frustrating. If I were in the market for another bass here it would be a fantastic time to buy.

4 Likes