Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

The Mikro’s are more fun per dollar than most people expect.

2 Likes

I’ve always thought they looked super fun. @Korrigan did amazing things to one as a project :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah I want one cuzzzz
Because I do.

Because I love my Ibanez’s (SR300 and GSR200)
And because I do.
And because I want a short scale.
And because I do.
And because , most importantly, They come in Orange. Same orange as my SR300.

I think I once saw the SRM in roadster orange as well, but I don’t think it’s still offered, so would have to be used, but I would like to try the medium scale as well, see how it feels.

1 Like

I’ve had a dig and a google. I can’t find anything obvious.
I actually intend making mine headless after I’ve finished the current headless conversion.
Do you have any links to his Mikro escapades?

2 Likes

Belay that request. I’ve found the start of it…

2 Likes

In case you missed this one :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I did! Thanks heaps! Now I want surface mount pickups…
I knew this forum would just continue to cost me money… :smiley:

4 Likes

haha yeah we’re good for that :money_with_wings:

2 Likes

Hi @Schmeep,
I think it’s a Framus.
I will have look tomorrow and take another picture
And post it for you.
Cheers Brian

1 Like

Nice work @howard

1 Like

Holy S*#T!!!

An Orange Mikro just popped up on Let Go for $100. Looks to be like new. Think it was a gift for somebody that didn’t want to keep playing.

Also a brand new Orange 20B practice amp for $30 from another seller, same situation, cuz they are also selling a blue GSR200, but are selling separately. That will be the perfect amp for my daughter.

1 Like

Which reminds me, my Orange O bass, in orange obviously, arrives tomorrrow :smiley:

3 Likes

Excellent!!! Can’t wait for photos

2 Likes

in my opinion, a small amp is always a good thing to have (and keep over years).

I have a few small guitar amps, I love them and I use them more than my big amps.

I’ve had a small Ibanez bass amp but it was crappy, I’d like to find a small yet good bass amp.

1 Like

Did someone say Orange? Super excited that my new bass amp just got here. The cat is less excited. I’d been playing through the guitar amp up until now.

12 Likes

It’s… orange!
@T_dub will love this. :smiley: And I don’t particularly dislike it either. :smiley:

Also: you do bicycle racing?

1 Like

Sharp eye! That’s the wife’s hobby. That’s her trainer just out of frame. I got her set up so she can tip the bike up vertically when she’s not using it to save space, and then bring it down to ride and watch Netflix haha

2 Likes

mental not to self: do not try and pull anything over peterhuppertz.
i had to look at the picture a few times before i noticed what looks
a pair of sidi bike shoes.
good eye, mate.

3 Likes

I need to see the bike. :grin:
The lounge is there for a reason. We even have a bicycle shed there.

1 Like

This is my bass. As I explained in the introduce yourself thread it was a birthday gift for my father. He didn’t use it a lot and this is how It was returned after the setup in the shop.
Apart from the setup the guy in the shop oiled the neck. I think the neck didn’t feel as good when it was new.
It’s a Ibanez GIO but not the same model as in the review video. (If you know which one this is exactly let me know)

Looking forward to actually buying one myself, but I want to focus on serotonine by accomplishments, not purchases. So for now I keep enjoying playing on this bass.

Yes, that’s me in the reflection and no my socks are not non-matching. Those are matching socks, both black. Dunno what the light did.

5 Likes