Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

I only lean against him slightly :slight_smile:

7 Likes

You need to make a matching one with this:

7 Likes

@howard

Haha! Superb! I do have another chair next to this one that currently has no cushion!

Ah man, CAS - Cushion acquisition syndrome :smiley:

8 Likes

I’m also having difficulty keeping my thumb in the center of the back of the neck - something that will help with the finger positioning. A bad habit I developed playing the guitar when I was a kid…

6 Likes

Ah, we had a recent thread about this, and you should not be trying so hard to do this with your thumb.

I cannot seem to find the thread, if anyone else has it handy please share.
It had a video from Ariane Cap and another guy on youtube about left hand position, it was super helpful.

7 Likes

Yeah, that thread and my response with those videos (4th post in the thread) is here:

8 Likes

Stu absolutely put me on notice we WILL be going over this topic in tomorrow’s lesson, so… I’ll post what I know afterwards

Stay Tuned,
Jim

5 Likes

Thank you, Joe!

5 Likes

Thanks mac!

4 Likes

Nice choice @quadfather!

5 Likes

As a total bass beginner, I wanted gear that I could live with a while. Went for the Yamaha TRBX174 in a beautiful metallic red finish, a nice wide strap, and a Fender Rumble 40. This bass plays and sounds like a much more expensive model so I’m really happy with it for now.

26 Likes

Welcome @JocoBear

Glad you are here.
Bassbuzz is an amazing place, enjoy it here.
Great looking bass, have fun!

7 Likes

Welcome, and nice rig.
Try to avoid getting GASed too early.

7 Likes

that color is flippin awesome, nice.

7 Likes

You’re off to a good start, @JocoBear! Great set of gear you’ve got there :+1:

7 Likes

Welcome to the community @JocoBear! Nice gear you have.

7 Likes

LOL, I already went through that with guitars, so I hope I’m immune. Of course if the right bass came along, well, it would be immoral to pass it up!

7 Likes

Sinful, even.

6 Likes

One of us.

6 Likes

gobble gobble

4 Likes