Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

My man!

Really? I’ve never had trouble with my Korg Pitchhawk-G

1 Like

Notice I said ‘a lot of’, and not ‘all of’.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve never seen anything like it before. At first I thought it was Champagne, but it’s Gold. Kinda makes feel like getting suited up in a tux before strapping it on and picturing myself in Vegas in the early 60’s. :laughing::rofl::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you all for the suggestions on a tuner! Let the research begin!

2 Likes

Hi, Think the pickup might supposed to be tilted / lowered on one side. I’m guessing having the pickup lower under the E string and higher under the A string evens out the perceived volume difference between the strings (spot the engineer lol).

2 Likes

This is true, @peterdylan

Check out the post that @Korrigan made under the “Bass Setup” topic :slight_smile:

Here is the link to it:

Cheers, Joe

1 Like

Actually the bridge pickup pot is tipped / crooked. Not sure if the bass got hit or hit something solid…or maybe a fitment issue. When you roll the pot, it’s rolls true, it’s just leaning…a lot! I don’t know if the pots are original or not. I was thinking about doing a refresh when I put in the fender style pickups and repair the signal jack.

1 Like

…definitely fitment issues. Took a very close look at it. As it turns out, this is one of those special Squiers that has a 14 screw pick guard. The pot isn’t straight and the pickguard isn’t laying quite flat in couple of areas along the bottom. My guess is when the pickups were installed someone was having some difficulties have had to shoe horn it a bit. The pots don’t appear to be original either (split shafts like a strat). I’ll have to pull it apart to figure out what exactly is going on.

I’m pretty confident I can get things straightened out; I’m justa bit concerned about this 14 screw pickguard… We’ll see.

2 Likes

Sup! Names Roadie, short for Roadriguez. I had a few basses in Denver, CO but always kept playing my Squire p bass. After moving up to Alaska and having FedEx damage my p bass, I ran off to Anchorage and scored myself a Fender Coronado Bass II. I also was given a SX SB301 that is in pieces and needs to be put back together. Free is free, ya know?

7 Likes

Very nice-looking basses, Roadie! :wink:

2 Likes

I’m a fellow SX truther!!! Well its probably much more than that. lol I have a P and J of theirs and love them. Never seen or heard anything about their Ibanez style basses. Put that thing together now! For SCIENCE!!!

3 Likes

@ChrisThomason I’m working on getting it together. It’s actually just becoming a full custom build to go along with the opossum suit that I actually perform in. Just picked out replacement pick up for it. This last weekend I finished rounding off the frets and while I am out of the Alaskan bush in down in the lower 48 this coming up weekend. I will be getting the paint for it’s new paint job. I’ll make sure to post pics on here as it gets rebuilt.

3 Likes

Why would that be a concern?

1 Like

Seems to be a problem sourcing new ones. I haven’t researched it too much, but apparently there are problems dropping on a 13 hole pickgard, something about the neck cutout. I haven’t confirmed any of this yet. This weekend I’ll find out when I have all the other parts!

1 Like

Pretty cool! I had never heard of or seen one of these before.

2 Likes

@eric.kiser that what I said when I saw it at the store in Anchorage. Always wanted a semi-hallow and the Gretsch I was going to order in from the lower 48 sold before I could get it. But I found this one and I love it, really glad I picked it up. Mines just a release of the original 1960’s model Fender did.

2 Likes

@RoadieOpossum I love my SX

1 Like

I’ve been meaning to ask what kind of SX do you have?

2 Likes

@ChrisThomason it is an SX Vintage Series Custom Handmade.

2 Likes

P? J? PJ? Jaguar?

2 Likes