Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

nice right, just using it as an example of white basses for tdub. that is not mine. sadly.

actually really good price too.

5 Likes

That’s a real beauty for sure @itsratso. It’s a bass on my bucket list if only as a tribute to the great Ian “lemme a fiver” Kilmister

7 Likes

I have to admit I kind of have a thing for Ricks. Never tried one but they look amazing and sound unique.

5 Likes

Its OK, I rather a blue one, maybe Red, Yellow, ORANGE.
I mean, with black hardware it is ok, just a little boring IMO.

4 Likes

its funny how that white squire looks so much like my American fender, I wonder how similar the sound is on it

4 Likes

Hi @MattG what a dream team you have assembled, looks like you’ve got all the ‘bases’ covered … sorry. By no means should you stop collecting though!

6 Likes

Oh wow, this should be interesting. I have been poking around with bass since I was 5, my dad played in a band most of my life. And as such I always had an interest. But I’ve only recently started getting into it seriously. My current collection are the bass he gave me that he purchased when I was born. witch is a 1986 series 10 by Bentley, and then one I purchased when I got into paying for these lessons to learn sheet music tabs etc., It’s a Dean custom zone nuclear green, Its actually a pretty good bass for the money. Then of course my most recent purchase off of reverb. witch is all sorts of interesting to mess around with, a Peavey Fury VI 6 string. Bet you cant guess my favorite color.

17 Likes

Welcome to the community @Mao!

5 Likes

Thanks! @JerryP

6 Likes

that peavey fury is GORGEOUS!! my first bass was a 1992 peavey fury 4 string, candy apple red, my old photography teacher gave it to me, and then I bought a woodgrain 1989 peavey fury, which was GORGEOUS and played amazing, but alas, I can’t remember what I did with them both, sadly, but I LOVE the Peavey Fury

5 Likes

also just realized that finding a peavey fury with single coils like I had on both, the P-bass style, is like impossible, if anyone finds one for sale, please let me know!!1

5 Likes

That Dean!! You could build a band around that bass. You could build a genre and an entire community around that bass!!

7 Likes

Love the colors!

5 Likes

Thanks. I saw it and said that I have to have it if just to tinker with and show off if nothing ells. Its kind of an abnormality. I rarely see anything of the sort in my area. At most I see the occasional 5 string, but usually our local bassists use a 5 string set on a 4 string and just omit the G.

Alas. hobbies like this are a slippery slope when you’re fortunate enough to have a little extra to spend… But totally worth it. I really want to add a Rickenbacker 400X to my lineup but that’s deep water to jump into when you don’t actually make money playing music. I considered building one from a kit but I just don’t feel like it would be the same.

5 Likes

Welcome @Mao
That green is my favourite colour! Oh man it certainly stands out in the crowd !

5 Likes

You’re in totally the wrong place if you expect any of us to talk you out of buying a Ricky :joy:

6 Likes

@Gio Defiantly shocking. you almost need sunglasses to play it. It sounds great for the price range. But I’ve been considering throwing a Kickass Bridge, a D Tuner, and an aluminum nut on it, and putting some Seymour Duncan quarter pounders into it to just give it some sound to stand out as much as its color. While not breaking the bank ofc.

6 Likes

@T_dub Now that you mention switching out pickups, would it make much of a difference to switch out the pickup on a Sterling SUB with one from the fancier models? Or stupid question and I should ban myself for 1 week?

5 Likes

Not a stupid question at all @architecht13
Swapping for better pickups is something I’ve done on all but my SR but even that’s in the pipeline.
Certainly worthwhile if you pick the right aftermarket ones. I’ve used Toneriders which aren’t bad and EMG but there’s Seymour Duncan’s and a heap more

5 Likes

Welcome aboard @Mao,
Enjoy the ride.
Cheers Brian

7 Likes