Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

It really is. I went to find which bass I wanted to get and this one caught my eye and I played it and a few others and this one just felt right.

5 Likes

Just learning to play but I just LOVE gear…my first 2…Ibanez Ergodyne EDC 700…really playable…my second a german made Hofner B Bass. So light and of course for a guy my age really Iconic!

9 Likes

The Ibanez looks really interesting :+1:

4 Likes

Please welcome the newest arrival to the family, made it here after a long flight from Chattanooga😎
A Big welcome to “ERNIE” the Musicman HH Stingray, can’t wait to see what he has got, feels nice in my hands, tuned him up and the action is really nice👍
Cheers Brian

17 Likes

Dang. That is quite a bass. Beautiful paint job, too. Congratulations.

7 Likes

Nice bass brian @TNKA36.
Well done. I bet you’ll get a lot of great sounds out of that beast. I have a stingray (5) from 20+ years ago and it’s still my “go to” for a fat sweet sound. I usually only ever record it straight DI and the sound always gets compliments. BUT YOU HAVE 2 PICKUPS!!! Twice the nice no doubt! You’re gonna love it.

8 Likes

Looking good @TNKA36 . Enjoy :+1:

4 Likes

Thanks @eric.kiser, @russki98, @Mac,

It looks really nice, I love the translucent blue👍
Can’t wait to record with it, I only a DI as well Russ, straight into garageband😎
But I will plug it in to the amp and see what it sounds like as well😎
Cheers Brian

7 Likes

Nice bass Brian. Can’t wait to hear it as I have it on my short list of a new bass after the holidays.

5 Likes

Thanks Jerry @JerryP,
I have been working on a song, so I will give Ernie a go and see how it sounds👍
Cheers Brian

7 Likes

the world needs more stingrays right now :grin:

4 Likes

Speaking of badass basses… How’s that Sandberg Cali going @Krescht ? Is is what you hoped it would be? Does it sound as sweet as it looks?

4 Likes

I really love the Sandberg, even though I must admit that it is quite challenging to play. I’m working hard to improve my technique and especially my muting at the moment :sweat_smile:
The fact that the neck is clunkier than the one of my Schecter Evil Twin adds certainly to that challenge, but it feels just right :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

introducing The Graboid (*) : a lawsuit Grabber from the middle of the 70’s (most probably 1974 or 1975). made in Japan in the same factory where were made the famous other lawsuit instruments of this era.

full maple and long scale : this thing weights a ton and a half. the sliding fat single-coil pickup is pretty unique. it sounds great, quite close to a Rickenbacker, and not very far from a Precision Bass (think about an ash Precision with a maple fretboard). that said, the bass needs a good setup, it’s hard to play but it sounds good already.

those basses are not common at all, I’m pretty happy to have the opportunity to get one !

expect to hear and see it soon on the cover thread :grin:

(*) : reference to the Tremors movies

12 Likes

Hi @JoshFossgreen

It seems you have a new member in your family!

From the most recent YouTube videos I see a red Squire Precision Affinity Series. How did you come to add this bass to your collection?

See ya,

Butch

4 Likes

@JoshFossgreen Also, are those Dimarzio pick-ups?

3 Likes

Hi @ButchMoore! Josh could very easily miss your comment to him unless you use the @ symbol to flag him. When you start typing the @username a drop down list will appear to pick from. That way he can see he’s been mentioned or flagged in a comment. Same thing works for us mortals too :smile::smile:

3 Likes

Thank you!

3 Likes

What do you mean by ‘sliding’?

1 Like

instead of having multiple fixed pickups with switched or pots to blend the signals, there is only one pickup, mounted on a plate. it’s literally a sliding pickup : you can grab (“Grabber”) it and slide it from a “bridge” to “neck” position. in fact there is not a huge sliding range but it’s really funny.

I’ll shoot a small video tomorrow, when there will be some light, if you want to see the sliding thing.

4 Likes