Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

Good on ya for learning how to set it up yourself.

7 Likes

Thanks @Mike_NL! I can’t take credit for the photo, that was my awesome setup man. He even put it up as one of his “Cool Guitar of the Week” posts on Facebook.

3 Likes

Thanks, @Krescht! Just a couple of questions;

Did yours also come with the action set super low? This one did, and since I don’t slap/pop, that was one change I specifically requested when I took it in for a setup.

To which bass DOES your preference go at the moment?

3 Likes

Doesn’t matter who took the picture, that is a beautiful looking bass!

3 Likes

@MarkusFarlow, well, the action was quite low and there was no need to adjust it. It’s not really a bass for slapping anyway.

My current go-to bass is a Sandberg California VM4, quite a different beast.

3 Likes

21 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

Here’s my Christmas present

18 Likes

Depends on how loud I want to be.The Music man has umph in spades…

2 Likes

Here is mine, my first and only, a birthday present from my amazing wife.
Cort B4 Plus in Swamp Ash. Playing through a Fender Rumble 40 and when I try and refrain from making a lot of noise I play through headphones using a Focusrite Scarlett Solo interface

Very happy with it, although I dont really have anything to compare it to. My youngest son plays guitar and drums, and the older one is a piano player. It was my wifes thinking that we could all play together at some point and she figured the bass would be a good fit for me.

Loving it so far and really enjoying the Bassbuzz course, no regrets at all.

Cheers

18 Likes

Very nice :+1:
I love swamp ash . It’s just an awesome wood

5 Likes

Nothing to compare it to?
Easy! Compare it to mine.
It was my first bass and I still use it to have the first tackle of anything I’m learning which is hard.
The same components in an ibanez would cost about a third more…

5 Likes

Very cool that you have people to jam with right away, especially a drummer. Enjoy the bass!

5 Likes

Nice bass @Shane_W,
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Howdy everyone!! Happy New Year and Happy NBD!!

I’ve been wanting a short scale acoustic or uke bass I don’t have to plug in and can sit around on the couch plucking while watching tv - when I cannot pull out one of the big girls for a full practice session but still want to play.

I had some gift cards from Sweetwater from Christmas burning a hole in my pocket so I pulled this trigger on this one. Traveler Guitar Redlands Concert Acoustic-Electric Bass - Natural Mahogany.

I hope everyone is safe and well and settling into the New Year ok.

17 Likes

I’ve this on order since early December. Yamaha TRBX605. It sounds good on the crappy little practice amp I keep in my office at work. I can’t wait to get home this evening and plug it into my Fender Rumble.

14 Likes

11 Likes

Very Nice

5 Likes

Regina. Its a great bass. I have the same one although I’ve pimped it a little

11 Likes

Love the maple fretboard

3 Likes